Facial recognition security

Facial recognition security

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
20 Jan 18

Isn’t this the easiest thing to crack with a photo?

k

Moves
21 Jan 18

already been done

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
21 Jan 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Isn’t this the easiest thing to crack with a photo?
Just hide behind an apple.
Fixed!

รœber-Nerd

Moves
21 Jan 18
1 edit

Anything but secure. If the police or thugs have you and your iPhone in their power, all they have to do to unlock the device is hold it up to your face. Presto, they have access without your consent. DUH. no need to get a court order or torture you for the password.

รœber-Nerd

Moves
21 Jan 18

See this:

https://www.wired.com/story/hackers-say-broke-face-id-security/

Moves
21 Jan 18

Originally posted by @moonbus
Anything but secure. If the police or thugs have you and your iPhone in their power, all they have to do to unlock the device is hold it up to your face. Presto, they have access without your consent. DUH. no need to get a court order or torture you for the password.
This is what I was thinking.

I use the thumb print technology on my phone to access it but not to access the banking app.

รœber-Nerd

Moves
21 Jan 18
1 edit

Thumbprint recognition is only slightly more secure than facial imaging. A thumbprint can also be faked with plastic film, and the police or thugs can force your thumb onto the scanning button without your consent. Stick with passwords/PINs; they require your consent. Yes, they too can be hacked by brute force calculations, but not as easily as pressing your thumb onto the scan button or holding the iPhone towards your face.

Facial recognition software can be tricked by a child. He just has to wait until you fall asleep, then creep up and hold your iPhone towards your face, and presto, he has access to your data. Apple missed the boat on this one.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
21 Jan 18

Originally posted by @moonbus

Apple missed the boat on this one.
Fortunately, he was rescued by tangerine who had commandeered a jetski.

๐Ÿ˜ž

I have brought nothing of substance to this thread.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 Jan 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Fortunately, he was rescued by tangerine who had commandeered a jetski.

๐Ÿ˜ž

I have brought nothing of substance to this thread.
goad,

Don't sweat the small stuff, just add it to your long list bringing nothing of substance to a thread. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜›

You have to admit you walked into that eyes wide open.!!!

-VR