1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 01:561 edit
    @trev33 said
    Slow poke? Never heard that, is that Canadian because if you look at the tournament it's currently Ireland 1 Canada 0 😉

We say slow coach.
    Your talking about a silly chess match trev, give your head a shake!

How would Ireland do against Canada in Hockey for example?

-VR
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 02:05
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    Well if a chess match is silly then your almost 500k moves on the site sure are idiotic.

Field hockey I fancy Ireland, Ice... we don't like the ice. Google Hurling and Gaelic football, that's what we play.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 02:081 edit
    @trev33 said
    Well if a chess match is silly then your almost 500k moves on the site sure are idiotic.

Field hockey I fancy Ireland, Ice... we don't like the ice. Google Hurling and Gaelic football, that's what we play.
    It isn't that you don't like ice you can't play hockey, hell we are playing it as soon as we can walk.

Yea most of my moves are silly I do agree, but my Clan are happy about my 1500 plus wins for the Clan! 😛 😉 Obviously a few people were making even more idiotic moves than I was! 😉

-VR
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 02:201 edit
    @very-rusty said
    It isn't that you don't like ice you can't play hockey, hell we are playing it as soon as we can walk.

Yea most of my moves are silly I do agree, but my Clan are happy about my 1500 plus wins for the Clan! 😛 😉 Obviously a few people were making even more idiotic moves than I was! 😉

-VR
    You can keep your hockey, we'll kick your ass at the sports the rest of the world care about, soccer, rugby, cricket. Golf 😉

On a serious note, we have a hockey team in Belfast competing well in the UK league, it's mostly made up of players neither not good enough or now too old to play in the NHL but there's no way for kids to play it and learn. We only have a few ice rinks and they're just for skating to my knowledge. Thankfully our rivers, lakes and ponds aren't frozen for 8 months of the year 😛

Edit: Well your sandbagging is not worth talking about to win the clan games.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 02:281 edit
    @trev33 said
    You can keep your hockey, we'll kick your ass at the sports the rest of the world care about, soccer, rugby, cricket. Golf 😉

On a serious note, we have a hockey team in Belfast competing well in the UK league, it's mostly made up of players neither not good enough or now too old to play in the NHL but there's no way for kids to play it and learn. We only have a few ice rin ...[text shortened]... nths of the year 😛

Edit: Well your sandbagging is not worth talking about to win the clan games.
    LOL@ sandbagging....show me evidence of my sandbagging trev!!!

No one has been able to do so yet, and that will continue.

I am not so sure about Golf, we got a few pretty good Pro golfers on the circuit now. Our Canadian Soccer Team keeps improving the day will come, then we can throw you a crying towel! 😉 😛

True we have better coaching over here and in the U.S.A. Russia, Sweden, Finland, all starting from novice up into the pro's, I know I am missing some countries but these are 5 of the Major ones. Some of the kids are together from novice right up to the World Junior Championships. We had 19 draft pick on this Years team and still lost to the U.S. who have improved vastly since the late 70's.....Just kept improving each year. Gold U.S.A. Silver Canada

-VR
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    18 Jan '21 09:10
    @trev33 said
    Only 1 game remaining now of round 1 😲
    congratulations !(belated)
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Jan '21 17:24
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    I dare say Ireland could beat Canada in hockey. Ice hockey obviously not, but hockey itself? Yeah, they'd have a shot. Of course, neither of them could beat India or Australia, let alone the Netherlands!
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '21 18:10
    @shallow-blue said
    I dare say Ireland could beat Canada in hockey. Ice hockey obviously not, but hockey itself? Yeah, they'd have a shot. Of course, neither of them could beat India or Australia, let alone the Netherlands!
    Well the woman’s hockey team won the World Cup I think it was quite recently but both the woman’s and the men’s team had to play Canada to qualify for the Olympics, Canada bribed the ref and won both matches, I think the woman’s team lost on penalties but I’m not sure, they were both close I recall. So yes, it was a once in a lifetime thing but possible to beat the top sides.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '21 18:12
    @ponderable said
    congratulations !(belated)
    Thank you, slowly getting crushed in the second game so the favorite most likely stays in the tournament, hopefully he plays ghost next 😉
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Jan '21 18:28
    @trev33 said
    Well the woman’s hockey team won the World Cup I think it was quite recently but both the woman’s and the men’s team had to play Canada to qualify for the Olympics, Canada bribed the ref and won both matches, I think the woman’s team lost on penalties but I’m not sure, they were both close I recall. So yes, it was a once in a lifetime thing but possible to beat the top sides.
    A shame you continue to make unfounded false accusations!

-VR
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Jan '21 18:44
    @trev33 said
    Thank you, slowly getting crushed in the second game so the favorite most likely stays in the tournament, hopefully he plays ghost next 😉
    I fear nobody...
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '21 19:52
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I fear nobody...
    Maybe he’ll accept a bribe to throw the game, you know what those Canadians are like.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Jan '21 20:03
    @Trev33

Are you saying that he can't win it without trying to bribe?.....

-VR
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Jan '21 21:23
    Canada was suppose to host this years Women's World Hockey Championship, I don't know if it has been approved yet.

-VR
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Jan '21 17:39
    Round 2 under way.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree