2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    26 Nov '12 21:57
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Simply amazing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFV89UkXYm0
    It is a shame he couldn't have been rewarded with another ball revolution there.
    How in the world you can gauge exactly the speed you need to be at 55' away,
    and then be at the precise spot that will let it turn back to the hole.
    I'll bet he could hit that 100 times and never get it that close again.
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    27 Nov '12 12:12
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I'll bet he could hit that 100 times and never get it that close again.
    Don't know about that exactly. He walked the putt a bunch of times and weighted it perfectly.
    Maybe not that close, but I'm sure he will 2-putt more than 90 times out of your 100.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    27 Nov '12 14:201 edit
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Don't know about that exactly. He walked the putt a bunch of times and weighted it perfectly.
    Maybe not that close, but I'm sure he will 2-putt more than 90 times out of your 100.
    You misunderstood me. I wasn't inferring he wouldn't two putt it, I meant I didn't think
    he would get a first putt that close, short of making one.
  5. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Nov '12 15:41
    On those greens, I might hit it 100 times and still not be that close.

Oh, you mean 100 separate attempts.....

Sure you all know this but:

Rose burst to world-wide prominence at The Open Championship in 1998. He holed a dramatic shot from the rough from about 50 yards for birdie on the 18th hole, to finish in a tie for fourth. He won the silver medal for the low amateur. The following day he turned professional.

Professional career

After turning professional, Rose struggled badly in his early career. He missed the cut in his first 21 consecutive events. He earned his first European Tour card in 1999 when he finished 4th at the qualifying school. The following season he failed to retain his card, and had to revisit the qualifying school, where he finished 9th.

I am glad whenever success comes his way. He seems a likeable chap, and the start to his pro career was a nightmare given the build up he had from the Open.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree