Standard memberRemoved
Tournaments 10 Jul '22 06:38
  1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jul '22 06:38
    Hi,

I'm a new suscriber and have two questions about Tournaments:

1. What is the meaning of the two numbers separated by a slash (entrants column) when they are green?

2. It is necessary to complete the participants for a tournament to start or it may start with a lower number?

Thanks in advance.
    Andrés.
  2. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    10 Jul '22 15:24
    @Gurb

1. The green number means the minimum number of entrants has been reached.
    2. Russ once said he had set tournaments to start two weeks after creating them if the minimum had been reached. I don't know if that is still the case. The higher rated banded tournaments can sit around for weeks as higher rated players tend to play fewer games such that I don't think it's necessary to create a top group for every set made. I've felt that all the tournaments on this site seem to fill much slower than they used to a couple of years ago. If the tournament entry is full it's started within hours.
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    12 Jul '22 19:44
    @gurb said
    Hi,

I'm a new suscriber and have two questions about Tournaments:

1. What is the meaning of the two numbers separated by a slash (entrants column) when they are green?

2. It is necessary to complete the participants for a tournament to start or it may start with a lower number?

Thanks in advance.
    Andrés.
    If you click on any tournament it will show the minimum number of entrants required before it can start.
    That doesn't mean the tournament will start when the minimum is reached but if there's no more entrants within a certain time it may do.
    By clicking on the tournament doesn't mean you have to enter it.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jul '22 09:18
    Ragwort, Venda, thanks for your reply. Now all is clear for me.

Andrés.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree