1. 100$ de l'heure.
    Moves
    18 Aug '07 13:111 edit
    Ok. My english is not perfect, so please be indulgent, and I'll do my best to get to the point.

I think there is too many tournaments available. A good friend of mine was so happy two weeks ago to tell me he had won an octet tournament, but as I told him, there is so many octets available each months, if you subscribe to all of them, you will win one someday, somehow... Specially in banded tournaments... It's the probabilities law...

I know that we are a lot of people playing here and we cannot limit the tournaments number, specially because many of them are long to finish. But what if each player have a maximum of tournaments that he can subscribe each months? Let's say 3, for example... So each month, there is at least 25 tournaments available, but you can subscribe to only three of them, at your choice. I think we could choose not only our tournaments, but also our opponents! I mean, the last 5 or 6 octets I played was against the same players!!!

Please get back to me on this. Maybe i'm wrong, give me your opinions, i'm just questionning...
  2. USA
    Moves
    18 Aug '07 14:31
    Originally posted by cubitus
    Ok. My english is not perfect, so please be indulgent, and I'll do my best to get to the point.

I think there is too many tournaments available. A good friend of mine was so happy two weeks ago to tell me he had won an octet tournament, but as I told him, there is so many octets available each months, if you subscribe to all of them, you will win one some ...[text shortened]... se get back to me on this. Maybe i'm wrong, give me your opinions, i'm just questionning...
    Why shouldn't they play in as many tournaments as they want to?
  3. 100$ de l'heure.
    Moves
    18 Aug '07 15:231 edit
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    Why shouldn't they play in as many tournaments as they want to?
    Question: What is the value of winning a tournament, if there is OVER than 25 tournaments a month? Where is the prestige?

I'm a big hockey fan. Ok, maybe it's off-topic, but the Stanley cup is won once a year, and only the teams who have played well all over the year can hope winning it. If the Cup was won once à month, what would be the idea? We don't got it now, but we'll get it next month!

I know that there is only 30 teams. I know that here we are many thousands of players and we have to accomodate everyone, specially the addicts who have only one reason to live. But again: where is the prestige of winning an octet if there is 6 more coming up that month?
  4. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Aug '07 15:27
  5. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '07 17:52

I think there is too many tournaments available. A good friend of mine was so happy two weeks ago to tell me he had won an octet tournament, but as I told him, there is so many octets available each months, if you subscribe to all of them, you will win one some ...[text shortened]... se get back to me on this. Maybe i'm wrong, give me your opinions, i'm just questionning...
    i dont mean to be rude at all, but if you havnt won a tournament, how do you know if its hard or not to eventually win one?
  6. Standard membernajdorfslayer
    The Ever Living
    Third Earth
    Moves
    18 Aug '07 18:00

I think it is still a big achievemnet to win a tournament regardless of how many they are.
  7. Standard membernajdorfslayer
    The Ever Living
    Third Earth
    Moves
    18 Aug '07 18:00

I think it is still a big achievemnet to win a tournament regardless of how many they are.
  8. USA
    Moves
    18 Aug '07 18:06
    Originally posted by najdorfslayer

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree