1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    06 Jun '23 20:41
    Apple fixed their annoying auto-dis-correct feature. I know ducking well what I typed!

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/06/06/tech/ducking-iphone-keyboard-apple/index.html
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jun '23 09:341 edit
    @moonbus
    You know, I am a musician, have several hundred tracks of my music (just acoustic folkie stuff, fingerpicking tunes, etc.) mostly on soundcloud and there is a term in audio recording called 'Ducking' also.
    It refers to an automatic lowering of an instrumental track when electronically compared to a reference track which would happen to be a vocal say.
    So when the vocal track gets louder, the instrument track gets to gain some DB of volume, but when the vocal volume goes down the instrument track goes down with it, the idea being vocals don't want to be drowned out by loud instruments because folks want to hear the vocals a bit more than they want to hear the instruments.
    So it is called audio ducking.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    08 Jun '23 10:24
    @sonhouse

Interesting. Lots of people like Apple’s music composition apps, but somehow I doubt the auto-correct function in iMessage was tapping into that whenever I typed f$@king.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jun '23 10:59
    @moonbus said
    Apple fixed their annoying auto-dis-correct feature. I know ducking well what I typed!

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/06/06/tech/ducking-iphone-keyboard-apple/index.html
    Excellent, Internet forum life will be so much easier 😂
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    09 Jun '23 04:49
    @divegeester said
    Excellent, Internet forum life will be so much easier 😂
    It ducking better be !

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree