1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    11 May '21 04:102 edits
    You hit the ball past the green by about 2 meters into some semi tall grass, and below the level of the green. You can see the top of the ball, but the lie is not so good. You're only about 6 meters back to the hole, but now must chip out of the grass onto a green that slopes away from you. The slightest miscalculation and the ball either doesn't make it out of the grass at all, or launches out of the grass, coming to rest 10 meters past the green on the other side. I've only had about a dozen of these in my time, but they suck. 😞
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 May '21 15:54
    @mchill said
    You hit the ball past the green by about 2 meters into some semi tall grass, and below the level of the green. You can see the top of the ball, but the lie is not so good. You're only about 6 meters back to the hole, but now must chip out of the grass onto a green that slopes away from you. The slightest miscalculation and the ball either doesn't make it out of the grass at al ...[text shortened]... past the green on the other side. I've only had about a dozen of these in my time, but they suck. 😞
    The trick is to pick up the ball when no one is looking and throw it onto the green.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 May '21 21:36
    @trev33 said
    The trick is to pick up the ball when no one is looking and throw it onto the green.
    I could picture you doing that trev33.

-VR
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 May '21 18:54
    FOREEEE!!!!!!

*Rusty turns his dead to look as someone whacks him on the back of the head with a 5 iron*
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 May '21 12:442 edits
    @trev33 said
    FOREEEE!!!!!!

*Rusty turns his dead to look as someone whacks him on the back of the head with a 5 iron*
    I take it this has happened to you trev33! ( It would actually explain a lot of things about you) 😉

I guess one would have to actually golf for that to happen Eh! 😛 😉

Have a Great Day, thanks for playing! 😉

-VR
  6. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 May '21 01:16
    @mchill said
    You hit the ball past the green by about 2 meters into some semi tall grass, and below the level of the green. You can see the top of the ball, but the lie is not so good. You're only about 6 meters back to the hole, but now must chip out of the grass onto a green that slopes away from you. The slightest miscalculation and the ball either doesn't make it out of the grass at al ...[text shortened]... past the green on the other side. I've only had about a dozen of these in my time, but they suck. 😞
    I secretly love that shot. If there wasn't someone playing behind me I'd want to try it 12 times, expecting to get it within 6 meters at least once. Maybe I'm a glutton for misery.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree