1. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    05 Jul '12 15:37
    Did anyone watch any of these matches? I caught the deciding game last night and was on the edge of my seat. It was one of the most intense, fast paced, and downright brutal sporting events I've ever watched. Queensland won the deciding game of the series over New South Wales by 1 point. I'm glad they telecasted it in the US so I could watch.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '12 15:47
    Originally posted by Ullr
    Did anyone watch any of these matches? I caught the deciding game last night and was on the edge of my seat. It was one of the most intense, fast paced, and downright brutal sporting events I've ever watched. Queensland won the deciding game of the series over New South Wales by 1 point. I'm glad they telecasted it in the US so I could watch.
    I have a friend who would be on the edge of her seat or hiding behind the couch
    depending on who had the ball, gotta watch the highlights. Not a big fan of league as
    opposed to union, but some of the running and lines of play can be good.
  3. Standard memberElamef37
    Queenslander
    Tropical North
    Moves
    05 Jul '12 17:35
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I have a friend who would be on the edge of her seat or hiding behind the couch
    depending on who had the ball, gotta watch the highlights. Not a big fan of league as
    opposed to union, but some of the running and lines of play can be good.
    Was a great game Robbie! Loved every minute of it. 😵
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Jul '12 01:34
    Originally posted by Elamef37
    Was a great game Robbie! Loved every minute of it. 😵
    You damn Queenslanders!!!

You may have been the better team but you've definatly got the worst supporters 😛
    (Did you hear them during the presentation? Jerks!! )
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Jul '12 10:40
    Originally posted by Ullr
    Heh. I watched some county of origin Rugby League matches last weekend. Huddersfield-Warrington was all right (well, it was only half Yorkshire, after all...), but Wigan-Leeds was phenomenal. Better than anything you banana-benders can throw at the game!

Richard
  6. Standard memberElamef37
    Queenslander
    Tropical North
    Moves
    17 Jul '12 11:51
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    You damn Queenslanders!!!

You may have been the better team but you've definatly got the worst supporters 😛
    (Did you hear them during the presentation? Jerks!! )
    Not sure how they can be, when NSW supporters and Blatchy's Blues, well I'll say it again, and I can only be honest, bunch of yobbo's with IQ's of 2, and then and only then, it'll take them 3 to grunt! 😲
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Jul '12 21:50
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Heh. I watched some county of origin Rugby League matches last weekend. Huddersfield-Warrington was all right (well, it was only half Yorkshire, after all...), but Wigan-Leeds was phenomenal. Better than anything you banana-benders can throw at the game!

Richard
    Surely you jest!!

The state of origin series is considered the best competition in rugby league- even better than australia vs .. whoever the next best team is (usually new zealand)

it is one of the few sports ( outside of the us 😛 ) where the state comp is better than the international comp.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Jul '12 21:551 edit
    Not sure how they can be, when NSW supporters and Blatchy's Blues, well I'll say it again, and I can only be honest, bunch of yobbo's with IQ's of 2, and then and only then, it'll take them 3 to grunt! 😲
    what are you on about woman? thecrowd who were present for the presentation boo-ed nsw every chance they got .after qld had already won.
    even when the qld captain asked them to give them some applause they boo-ed. even when ken sutcliffe ( the head mc) asked the crowd for a round of applause for the visitors they boo-ed.JERKS

do you think the same thing would've happened in sydney? honestly now!
  9. Standard memberElamef37
    Queenslander
    Tropical North
    Moves
    20 Jul '12 12:13
    what are you on about woman? thecrowd who were present for the presentation boo-ed nsw every chance they got .after qld had already won.
    even when the qld captain asked them to give them some applause they boo-ed. even when ken sutcliffe ( the head mc) asked the crowd for a round of applause for the visitors they boo-ed.JERKS

do you think the same thing would've happened in sydney? honestly now!
    Seriously? Yes it would have.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Jul '12 18:44
    Seriously? Yes it would have.
    We'll have to agree to disagree and if NSW can ever get a home final again then please stay for the presentation so we can settle this 🙂
  11. Standard memberElamef37
    Queenslander
    Tropical North
    Moves
    24 Jul '12 18:04
    We'll have to agree to disagree and if NSW can ever get a home final again then please stay for the presentation so we can settle this 🙂
    You do mean a home game, don't you? not a final.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Aug '12 03:23
    You do mean a home game, don't you? not a final.
    Looking years into the future is not one of my strong points. A couple of weeks maybe.

Yes, I'd rather be a QLD supporter but I just cant hack 'em.
    I'm sure you are one of the more worldly Queenslanders , but I just think the heat gets to their heads a bit too much.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree