1. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 09:49
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    "Sport holds a mirror up to society and the reflection isn’t always pleasant, but baseball’s toothless response to its biggest scandal since the steroid era offers up a particularly unsparing map of our flaws: proof positive that cheating in American society, while frowned upon, is ultimately accepted."
    - This quote copied & pasted by courtesy of Duchess64

Never one to miss an opportunity to bash the U.S.: Duchess64 displays considerable hypocrisy in warping the issue of cheating in sport. A fact which has become all-too-common in the world.

Presumably, she approves of Kenya's doping scandal. She hasn't said anything against it. Therefore she must be guilty through omission. 😀

(I bet she hates taking her own medicine too!)
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 18:34
    @handyandy said
    The Astros should be stripped of their 2017 World Series title.

Alex Cora, the Houston bench coach who devised the sign-stealing system, moved on to the Boston Red Sox in 2018 and guided that team to another World Series title. What a coincidence!

The loser in both cases was the Los Angeles Dodgers.
    😡
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 21:37
    I believe stealing signals has been going on forever in baseball. Just getting more advanced with the technology of today. Even if the batter knows what is going to be pitched he still has to hit it.

-VR
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 21:532 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 19:121 edit
    @wolfe63 said
    If it's proven that they were using tech to steal signs during the 2017 World Series. Then they were cheating.

So, yep! A forfeit would be in order.
    My Reds never have this problem cuz they always forfeit before any game they play.

it would be even sadder if they cheated as well. Even if they did, it would not help them.............
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jan '20 00:411 edit

7. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    25 Jan '20 02:431 edit
    You can't just hand the title to the Los Angeles Dodgers.
    Look at the teams that the Astros beat getting to the world series, too.
    Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees. They deserve a voice too, so ya know what? Leave it alone!

PS: the league has said there were "7 or 8" other teams that they are looking at as well. Wouldn't it be a hoot if the LA Dodgers was one of them LOL
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jan '20 20:40

9. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    27 Jan '20 00:30
    Obviously to the players, yah. Not so much the fans.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jan '20 22:59

11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Jan '20 00:141 edit
    There is nothing fair about sports. One side has the advantage for various reasons while the other side is scrambling to compensate for them.

The best team at this wins.

How many times have teams cheated? We will never know, especially in the era of players taking steroids, etc.

At the end of the day, the one team that wins, wins, and if not caught cheating while in the act still wins.

That's sports.
  12. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    30 Jan '20 18:471 edit
    "Is cheating the rotten heart of American sports?

That's rather poetic Duchess. It also speaks rather loudly about your true feelings about American sports. To answer your provocative question though, I'd say "No" Cheating happens sometimes in American sports - no doubt about it, but to brand all of American sports as "rotten" because of this and a few other isolated incidents, seems off base "pardon my pun" For one game or season where cheating was involved, there are many where cheating is not. For perspective, a former martial arts teacher of mine once said to a student discouraged about his lack of progress: "Sometimes we focus too hard on the 1-2 things we're doing wrong, and we forget about the 100 or 200 things we're doing right" 🙂
  13. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    30 Jan '20 22:56
    What do you propose?

And then think very hard how this impacts other trams, too, that have some of those players on their roster.
    Like I pointed out, you'll never have the justice you want by automatically awarding the championship to the Dodgers
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Feb '20 00:191 edit

15. Joined
    23 Jan '20
    Moves
    03 Feb '20 08:09
    Just take the title away and put it in the books that no team won that year eh?
    Fine the astros and get compensation for any team/organization profits from the world series “win”

Or just put an asterisk next to it like the cheater Barry Bonds*

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree