1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    12 Apr '19 03:47
    https://buffalonews.com/2019/04/08/buffalo-bills-christian-wade-rugby-international-player-pathway/

Star rugby player Christian Wade is joining the NFL.

After all these stupid debates about Rugby vs American Football, we're finally gonna see. If American football players are such pansies, is Christian Wade gonna dominate? Or will Wade be out of his league (see what I did there?).

To be fair, at 27, he's not a spring chicken as far as athletes are concerned. But then again, that's about the age that most NFL greats start cementing their legend.

We'll see which side finally gets bragging rights.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '19 19:47
    It will be interesting to see if he makes the cut and gets into the team but the differences between the games is so vast it's impossible to compare really. Plus, the playbook in the nfl for someone who has never played the game before is going to be so tough to learn.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    13 Apr '19 05:07
    @trev33 said
    It will be interesting to see if he makes the cut and gets into the team but the differences between the games is so vast it's impossible to compare really. Plus, the playbook in the nfl for someone who has never played the game before is going to be so tough to learn.
    As far as the overdone rugby vs NFL debate is concerned, he'll be judged on things like how well he can take a hit, tackle, or how fast is he in comparison to everyone else, etc.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 23:482 edits
    4.5 plus running back. Well he certainly is not going to be the fastest guy in the NFL.

4.49 is the average 40 time in the NFL. This guy is more than half a second slower than average.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 01:03
    Ok off a bit more like .04 seconds. He would be average speed for a strong safety.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree