1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jul '12 13:23
    The Lakers are guaranteeing Steve Nash 27 million over three years, and are giving the Suns their first round draft picks for 2013 and 2015 and their second round draft picks for 2014 and 2015, as well as 3 million to facilitate the trade.

This is good for Nash, since he gets to be closer to his kids. He turned down a 36 million over three years deal with the Raptors to go to LA and possibly finally get his ring.

Ever since the free agency period started this year, I've been saying, "Please, God, not the Lakers. Anyone but the Lakers." I understand the Suns are rebuilding, but this is just another brick in their path to a championship. There's no other team in the NBA I hate more than the Lakers, although San Antonio comes close. This definitely doesn't help.
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    05 Jul '12 14:58
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The Lakers are guaranteeing Steve Nash 27 million over three years, and are giving the Suns their first round draft picks for 2013 and 2015 and their second round draft picks for 2014 and 2015, as well as 3 million to facilitate the trade.

This is good for Nash, since he gets to be closer to his kids. He turned down a 36 million over three years deal wi ...[text shortened]... hate more than the Lakers, although San Antonio comes close. This definitely doesn't help.
    He's a 38 year old whose games has been predicated on quickness.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers don't get what they're hoping for out of this.
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    05 Jul '12 19:371 edit
    Originally posted by sh76

I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers don't get what they're hoping for out of this.
    Pshaw!

Predicated on quickness? Nay! His games are predicated on craftiness and the ability to make his team better.... not to mention a nice j.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    08 Jul '12 17:53
    Originally posted by sh76

We like old farts. Vlade Divac, Shaq...
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '12 16:58
    If the Lakers also get Dwight Howard, Kobe might be able to get a ring for his other hand finally.
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    12 Jul '12 19:07
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    If the Lakers also get Dwight Howard, Kobe might be able to get a ring for his other hand finally.
    I don't think so. Kobe wants the ball too much. Nash would dish it, but Howard and Kobe
    and Gasol (if he is not part of the trade for Howard) would want more touches than they
    would get.
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '12 19:16
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I don't think so. Kobe wants the ball too much. Nash would dish it, but Howard and Kobe
    and Gasol (if he is not part of the trade for Howard) would want more touches than they
    would get.
    Kobe has averaged about 5 assists per game over his career... thats not bad for a shooting guard. He only seems to be a ball hog but that is because his team passes him the ball all the time... come on. Don't you know what its like to play a game of pick up basketball where you're the undisputed best player on the court or at least on you're team... everybody just throws you the ball even when they had a wide open shot.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Jul '12 14:56
    Kobe has averaged about 5 assists per game over his career... thats not bad for a shooting guard. He only seems to be a ball hog but that is because his team passes him the ball all the time... come on. Don't you know what its like to play a game of pick up basketball where you're the undisputed best player on the court or at least on you're team... everybody just throws you the ball even when they had a wide open shot.
    Well, yeah, but Steve Nash was the undisputed best player on the Suns and they threw him the ball all the time, too. The difference is that Steve Nash finished the 2011-2012 regular season at #2 for assists averaging 10.7 per game while Kobe Bryant finished at #37 averaging 4.6 per game. Kobe Bryant IS a ball hog.
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    14 Jul '12 15:15
    Are you kidding me?? Kobe pouts if he doesn't get his touches.
    He is also pissed when he doesn't get the ball in the waning minutes.
    I saw a game where Kobe was shooting dismally.
    The entire team was shooting better than he was.
    Yet, here's Kobe jacking up brick after brick, instead of passing to a teammate.

I am not saying he wasn't the best player on the floor,
    but on that day, in particular, he wasn't close to the best "team" player.

Kobe is a ball hog. That is why Shaq got run, because Kobe wanted more touches.
    You don't believe it? Then you weren't watching or listening to those in the know.
  10. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    15 Jul '12 22:15
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Well, yeah, but Steve Nash was the undisputed best player on the Suns and they threw him the ball all the time, too. The difference is that Steve Nash finished the 2011-2012 regular season at #2 for assists averaging 10.7 per game while Kobe Bryant finished at #37 averaging 4.6 per game. Kobe Bryant IS a ball hog.
    Nash is s point guard.... He better have more assists. Kobe is a SHOOTING (@shorty) guard, the best, which means he better shoot when he is open or has position. I refer you all once again to his 5 assist career average. Among qualifying shooting guards the lowest assist ratio was 4.5, Kobe's was 13.2 with 24 having a lower percentage than him... He is not a pass first player but this shows that he is no ball hog. If you want to be a hater (@shorty) then get you're facts right.
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    16 Jul '12 00:30
    Nash is s point guard.... He better have more assists. Kobe is a SHOOTING (@shorty) guard, the best, which means he better shoot when he is open or has position. I refer you all once again to his 5 assist career average. Among qualifying shooting guards the lowest assist ratio was 4.5, Kobe's was 13.2 with 24 having a lower percentage than him... He is not ...[text shortened]... shows that he is no ball hog. If you want to be a hater (@shorty) then get you're facts right.
    Get YOUR facts straight. Kobe got Shaq run out of LA because he wanted more touches.

FACT!!!!
  12. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    16 Jul '12 05:33
    Get YOUR facts straight. Kobe got Shaq run out of LA because he wanted more touches.

FACT!!!!
    Wanting more touches doesn't make you a ball hog. Never passing the ball makes you a ball hog. Post statistics instead of spouting these conjectures and claiming them as fact.
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 14:42
    Wanting more touches doesn't make you a ball hog..
    Since when???
  14. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 18:161 edit
    Since when???
    Since forever. Everybody wants more touches but if you never pass once you get the ball then you become a ball hog. Get real and actually come up with a valid argument... I have never seen one from you though so I don't really expect one now.
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 18:50
    Since forever. Everybody wants more touches but if you never pass once you get the ball then you become a ball hog. Get real and actually come up with a valid argument... I have never seen one from you though so I don't really expect one now.
    You are a real idiot. Do you believe that players want more touches just so they can
    pass it off?? LMAO!!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree