1. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 17:40
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I can't understand why my red sox did not retain Kimbrel, our bullpen sucks. There's something not right, though, because nobody picked up Kimbrel until June??

Anyway, I wish him well. Cubs have done well with ex red sox players (Lester), and GMs too
    Just when I was sure that you and I had nothing in common you make this post.
    I grew up in Boston (Dorchester) and my first baseball game at Fenway was the 6th game of the 1967 World Series.
    Big Sox fan here.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 18:59
    @caissad4 said
    I grew up in Boston (Dorchester) and my first baseball game at Fenway was the 6th game of the 1967 World Series.
    Big Sox fan here.
    My N.Y. Yankees are dominating the AL East...again...as usual.

Go Yankees!!!!
    😁
  3. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 22:243 edits
    @caissad4 said
    Big Sox fan here.
    cool. if I remember, you saw a win or there'd be no game 7, which the sox lost 🙁

Remember (P) Jose Santiago's HR off of Gibson? Awesome. But Gibson was the best I ever saw. Him and Koufax. I think Gibson won games 1-4-7 in that WS. They had 4 man rotations back then. And no playoffs! One division in both leagues, winner of the division (league) went right to the world series. The sox beat the twins on the last day of the season and had to wait and see Detroit lose to the angels before they secured 1st place.

Great series, sox fell short trying to pitch Lomborg on 2 days rest in game 7 GAD! Yeah I remember that series better than any of their recent ones. I can off the top of my head give you the starting lineups of the '67 and '75 world series teams, no sweat.

did you play chess at caissa.com?
  4. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    08 Jul '19 12:39
    @earl-of-trumps said
    cool. if I remember, you saw a win or there'd be no game 7, which the sox lost 🙁

Remember (P) Jose Santiago's HR off of Gibson? Awesome. But Gibson was the best I ever saw. Him and Koufax. I think Gibson won games 1-4-7 in that WS. They had 4 man rotations back then. And no playoffs! One division in both leagues, winner of the division (league) went right to the ...[text shortened]... rting lineups of the '67 and '75 world series teams, no sweat.

did you play chess at caissa.com?
    I sat 12 rows behind the Cardinal dugout and saw Stan the Man. He refused to give any kids autographs unless they were Cardinal fans. Jose Santiago threw a real screwball, destroyed his tendons. Gibson was just phenom. If you see Gibsons homer to center you can see my older brother scattering away. Interesting note, Lonborg pitched a 1 hitter in his first Worlds Series start. If Lonborg didn't go skiing in the offseason the Sox would have been a different team. If Tony Conigliaro didn't get hit by that Hamilton pitch in August, 1967 the Sox would have been a different team. The fates can be cruel sometimes.
  5. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    08 Jul '19 16:59
    @chaney3 said
    My N.Y. Yankees are dominating the AL East...again...as usual.

Go Yankees!!!!
    😁
    Ya, "as usual" LOL

The red sox, your former doormat, have won FOUR WS championships since the last time the yankees won it all.

talk to me when you do something in the post season 🙂
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jul '19 19:30
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Ya, "as usual" LOL

The red sox, your former doormat, have won FOUR WS championships since the last time the yankees won it all.

talk to me when you do something in the post season 🙂
    2009?

C'mon, you're talking about the Bronx Bombers, best team in all of baseball.
    😀
  7. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    08 Jul '19 22:08
    @chaney3 said
    2009?

C'mon, you're talking about the Bronx Bombers, best team in all of baseball.
    😀
    Ok, 4-1 since 2001 🙂
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jul '19 22:19
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Ok, 4-1 since 2001 🙂
    Rumor has it that the Yankees felt bad for the Red Sox and their awful 150 year drought of a World Series win, so decided to "let" them win a few.

Right? 😀😀
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Jul '19 22:22
    @chaney3 said
    Rumor has it that the Yankees felt bad for the Red Sox and their awful 150 year drought of a World Series win, so decided to "let" them win a few.

Right? 😀😀
    Where do you come up with this stuff?

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree