1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Jul '12 22:47
    KG is coming back. They picked up one of the best power forwards in the country, Jared Sullinger from Ohio State, a 6'9" 280 lb energetic young big man that they badly need. And they grabbed shot blocker extraordinaire Fab Melo from Syracuse.

Methinks the reports of the Celtics' imminent demise have been greatly exaggerated. While some might think the C's "won't be a factor for the next decade", I think they will still be the favorites in the Atlantic and will be capable of making another deep playoff run next year.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    01 Jul '12 22:51
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    KG is coming back. They picked up one of the best power forwards in the country, Jared Sullinger from Ohio State, a 6'9" 280 lb energetic young big man that they badly need. And they grabbed shot blocker extraordinaire Fab Melo from Syracuse.

Methinks the reports of the Celtics' imminent demise have been greatly exaggerated. While some might ...[text shortened]... vorites in the Atlantic and will be capable of making another deep playoff run next year.
    NO argument there. Better draft than Mavericks, that's for sure!
  3. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    02 Jul '12 00:54
    Originally posted by no1marauder

Methinks the reports of the Celtics' imminent demise have been greatly exaggerated. While some might ...[text shortened]... vorites in the Atlantic and will be capable of making another deep playoff run next year.
    The Celtics definitely had a successful draft. Sullinger and Melo have a lot of potential. But will that potential be realized? And more importantly, will the rooks be enough to keep the Celtics vying for championships during the next year or two? I have my doubts, but it will be interesting to see.

I think Sullinger is the most interesting pick up among the two rooks. Its hard to predict if he can successfully adapt his skill set to the NBA game. I can see him being reasonably successful like Glen Davis. But I can also see him being a bust like Derrick Caracter. I suppose we will find out soon enough. =P

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree