1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '20 00:37
    Looks like in the US golf is still running luve events, but for the most part just reruns. They were running basketball games from years ago today on tv.
  2. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    23 Mar '20 00:44
    @eladar said
    Looks like in the US golf is still running luve events, but for the most part just reruns. They were running basketball games from years ago today on tv.
    I don't think so
    spectator sports are out
  3. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    23 Mar '20 02:19
    The 2020 FIDE Candidates tourney is active. 5 rounds completed. Nepo leads.
  4. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    23 Mar '20 11:42
    Someone should organise an international tiddlywinks tournament and all the sports stars self isolating can compete. It'd give us something to watch on TV!
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Mar '20 15:53
    @ketchuplover said
    The 2020 FIDE Candidates tourney is active. 5 rounds completed. Nepo leads.
    They may be the brightest chess minds.

Just not the brightest people when it comes to common sense.

Do they think they are immune?

-VR
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '20 16:261 edit
    @Very-Rusty

According to a Nobel laureate expert, if you get this virus you be as likely to die in the next 2 months as the next 4 months without the virus.
  7. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    23 Mar '20 16:47
    @eladar said
    @Very-Rusty

According to a Nobel laureate expert, if you get this virus you be as likely to die in the next 2 months as the next 4 months without the virus.
    that is a blanket statement that is not true
    if you are in a high risk category your chances of dying are much higher than two times
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '20 17:33
    @lemondrop said
    that is a blanket statement that is not true
    if you are in a high risk category your chances of dying are much higher than two times
    If you are in the high risk group take precautions. Do not expect everyone to act as if they are in the high risk group.

It is a true statement for way more people for whom it is false.
  9. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    23 Mar '20 17:47
    @eladar said
    If you are in the high risk group take precautions. Do not expect everyone to act as if they are in the high risk group.

It is a true statement for way more people for whom it is false.
    a statement cannot be both true and false
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '20 18:011 edit
    @lemondrop said
    a statement cannot be both true and false
    Yes it can.

You can break it up into specific groups and slightly change the percentages. This is what you are arguing for.

If one group has a greater risk than stated, other groups must have an even smaller risk.

Face it, healthy people should be allowed to make their own decisions. Once they are sick, by all means quarantine them.

You argue that since some women will get breast cancer all women's breasts need to be removed.

Some men will die of testicular cancer, by all means remove every man's testicles.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 12:54
    @eladar said
    Yes it can.

You can break it up into specific groups and slightly change the percentages. This is what you are arguing for.

If one group has a greater risk than stated, other groups must have an even smaller risk.

Face it, healthy people should be allowed to make their own decisions. Once they are sick, by all means quarantine them.

You argue that since some women ...[text shortened]... to be removed.

Some men will die of testicular cancer, by all means remove every man's testicles.
    For an educator you don't make a hell of a lot of sense how can you compare Covid-19 to womens breasts or mens testicles?

-VR
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 13:001 edit
    @eladar said
    @Very-Rusty

I was watching a documentary last evening on the Covid-19 with a Doctor answering questions asked by Canadians. One of the questions was do have you to wipe off your cans when taking them from the store.

His answer was no as the clerk stocking the shelves doesn't have the virus. Now how does this Doctor know this not knowing who is stocking the shelves, also it takes 2 weeks for person to even know they have the virus and he could have it while stocking the shelves.

Made no sense to me for him to say on National T.V. no you don't have to wash off the cans. Lets not even mention rodent feces which could be on the cans which are in every grocery store no matter how hard they try to get rid of them. They even arrive in shipments of food.

-VR
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 13:04
    @very-rusty said
    For an educator you don't make a hell of a lot of sense how can you compare Covid-19 to womens breasts or mens testicles?

-VR
    I was comparing it to cancer. If you get cancer your chances of death are higher than if you get this virus.

Since some will get cancer everyone should take steps to stop it.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 13:24
    @very-rusty said
    I was watching a documentary last evening on the Covid-19 with a Doctor answering questions asked by Canadians. One of the questions was do have you to wipe off your cans when taking them from the store.

His answer was no as the clerk stocking the shelves doesn't have the virus. Now how does this Doctor know this not knowing who is stocking the shelves, also it takes 2 ...[text shortened]... store no matter how hard they try to get rid of them. They even arrive in shipments of food.

-VR
    Wash your hands, cook your food. Wash your hands then eat.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 16:001 edit
    @Very-Rusty

See Bozo I actually answer your questions, not arguing just to argue.

Some people find enjoyment in answering questions. Others, those I call bozos, enjoy not answering questions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree