1. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 21:182 edits
    Over this weekend England have

Football thrashed Panama 6-1 in World Cup

Rugby Union. Beat S A away

Cricket. Thrashed the useless Aussies to win the series 5-0

NO other country in the world could realistically put together those results in those 3 premier sports

Well done, boys
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 12:08
    I try to stay neutral on such things, but.....

https://twitter.com/BTecSoham/status/1010872658852921349
  3. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 16:08
    Originally posted by @blood-on-the-tracks

NO other country in the world could realistically put together those results in those 3 premier sports

Well done, boys
    True. As no other country was playing against s Africa Australia and panama last weekend...😉

Panama possibly the worst team st the finals.
    Best Spain Croatia or Brazil then boosts won't look foolish.
    I see William hill and Ladbrokes are reporting record bets on England winning the world cup.
    No wonder bookies make millions.

England cricket team was due a win after losing to Scotland recently...

😉

Intake it you had a few good bets on? .maybe buy a sub? ..😉
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 17:201 edit
    My point was (as you know) that no other nation could put together a thrashing of a team in the World Cup, beat a top southern hemisphere rugby union team and thrash the Aussies at cricket, because no other country plays those 3 sports to top standard.I

We may not win it, you would win good money if you can pick the winner today. I think Spain are favs, but you can get 4-1

My latest bet has Columbia, France, Peru and Croatia in a Yankee to win group games. Got a good start with Columbia.
  5. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    27 Jun '18 07:23
    My point was (as you know) that no other nation could put together a thrashing of a team in the World Cup, beat a top southern hemisphere rugby union team and thrash the Aussies at cricket, because no other country plays those 3 sports to top standard.I

We may not win it, you would win good money if you can pick the winner today. I think Spai ...[text shortened]... mbia, France, Peru and Croatia in a Yankee to win group games. Got a good start with Columbia.
    Spain sacking their manager 2 days before tournament started was not ideal.
    I have bets on Brazil and ew on Belgium but they need to avoid each other in the knockouts first got 25/1 on them being in the final.
    Normally knockout stages are good for making money(famous last words)
    😉
    I bet England at 4/1 To get knocked out at quarter finals and got 5/1 they get 7 points ...two easy teams then draw with Belgium.
    Was looking forward to the game but with both already through players will be rested would have been better if they played each oyher first from a fans point of view.
    Croatia are looking strong.
    Depends on if the Germans get through if they do anything is possible with them.
  6. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 22:26

Well done, boys
    Well done Brits. With Wimbledon just around the corner, who knows, maybe a singles title?
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 22:31
    Not this year. Andy Murray's time has gone. He won't recover his previous form after the hip surgery.

A truly great British sportsman, slightly unlucky to share the stage with 3 other greats. Still, he won Slams. Wimbledon twice
  8. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    30 Jun '18 10:28
    Not this year. Andy Murray's time has gone. He won't recover his previous form after the hip surgery.

A truly great British sportsman, slightly unlucky to share the stage with 3 other greats. Still, he won Slams. Wimbledon twice
    Murray was Scottish until he won Wimbledon
    Then he's British obviously remember the media witch hunt against him years ago after a joke he made.
    Asked who he wanted to win the world cup he said "anyone but England'

One question for you.
    Don't you think Southgate should be playing at the crucible?
    Keep waiting for him to remove chalk from his waistcoat pocket...😉
    Knock outs are here should be good 8 games got to be a few draws in there
    If Rashford had just have scored I was on for another £50 had England to get 7 points.
    Brazil might play Belgium if both win so I can't get final prediction.
    Been a good world cup apart from Japan getting through on fair play is the best definition of irony ever.
    France should beat Argentina today. Pogba to score
    Other game hard to predict.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    30 Jun '18 11:00
    Murray was always British to me
    Have a great deal of respect for him , to keep trying so hard in the Slams while competing against 3 of the best tennis players of all time. And he single handedly won the Davis Cup for us a couple of years ago.
    Didnt he (ironically) turn up in a Columbia shirt in 2006? He was a kid, and it wasnt the smartest PR move, but he was just a kid.
    Gareth S DOES look the part - dont know how he keeps his cool, no sweat on those pristine blue shirts. Hope he can keep making right decisons. I would keep Sterling in and hope he finds his Man City form
    Incidentally, got tickets for the Crucible next year, I missed out this year as they all went within 4 hours. I suspect they sold loads to Ticketmaster et al, which is annoying. First week though - VERY expensive 2nd week. Even first week is is 60 quid for 2 sessions!
  10. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    30 Jun '18 11:15
    Murray was always British to me
    Have a great deal of respect for him , to keep trying so hard in the Slams while competing against 3 of the best tennis players of all time. And he single handedly won the Davis Cup for us a couple of years ago.
    Didnt he (ironically) turn up in a Columbia shirt in 2006? He was a kid, and it wasnt the smartest ...[text shortened]... ying. First week though - VERY expensive 2nd week. Even first week is is 60 quid for 2 sessions!
    I thought the government was stopping sites like ticket master etc.
    But if daft fans are willing to pay £200+ for a £30 ticket it will never change.
    I got the chance of the crucible semi last year but prior commitments came first.
    If England win on Tuesday night I can see a few "sick days " south of the border.
    As for sterling or Rashford debate.
    I would play vardy with kane power and pace plus vardy can finish better than the other two

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree