1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '22 08:25
    @fmf said
    Perhaps "Jesus" "said" that because the Romans had no desire or means of eradicating poverty?

[You can see what I am doing here.]
    Perhaps Jesus’ mission wasn’t to bring about social change.
  2. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    25 Sep '22 04:14
    @divegeester said
    “the poor you will always have with you , but you will not have me…”
    Matthew 26:11

Context:
    [i]6And when Jesus was in Bethany at the house of Simon the leper, 7a woman came to Him having an alabaster flask of very costly fragrant oil, and she poured it on His head as He sat at the table. 8But when His disciples saw it, they were indignant, saying, “Why this waste? 9F ...[text shortened]... i]

What do you think are the social, moral and spiritual implications of this statement by Jesus?
    You first. It seems you expect others to write essays at your request that you would not write yourself.

However, I am willing to grant you some relief. "Poor" in what sense, according to your understanding?

Also, am I the only one who imagines Kirstie Alley playing the woman with the alabaster jar?
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    25 Sep '22 04:41
    @divegeester said
    Perhaps Jesus’ mission wasn’t to bring about social change.
    What would you say your mission is?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '22 06:39
    @kevin-eleven said
    What would you say your mission is?
    To spread the power of optimism.

Life is Good
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    25 Sep '22 07:13
    @divegeester said
    To spread the power of optimism.
    By trying to undermine other people's faith?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '22 07:37
    @kevin-eleven said
    By trying to undermine other people's faith?
    Try to season and mature in your thinking a bit Kevin, open your mind to new concepts, take in the world around you and all its wonder. Look around you and see what God has provided.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree