@kevin-eleven said
    I do not disagree! 😉
    The feeling is mutual. 😉
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Dec '22 03:31
    @josephw said

It is apparent you "believe like" the type of Christian that says one thing but does another.
    For example then; what have I “said” which contradicts what I’ve “done”?
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Dec '22 13:23
    @divegeester said
    For example then; what have I “said” which contradicts what I’ve “done”?
    I'd like to see the look on your face when it dawns on you.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Dec '22 06:16
    @josephw said
    I'd like to see the look on your face when it dawns on you.
    So you’ve got another accusation, but as usual nothing to back it up.
  6. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    14 Dec '22 22:451 edit
    @divegeester said

Church worshippers cried 'heresy' at the Dean of Trinity College as they left a sermon claiming Jesus may have been transgender 'in tears'.
    You mean Jesus being one-third of a three-headed hydra (a "trinity"​) isn't weird enough?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '22 04:34
    @soothfast said
    You mean Jesus being one-third of a three-headed hydra (a "trinity"​) isn't weird enough?
    No that isn’t what I meant, and in fact that piece of text you quote is just a snippet from the article I copy/pasted. But nor do I think the author of that article meant what your referring to either.

Nevertheless the trinity doctrine is “weird”, as you term it.
  8. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    16 Dec '22 23:42
    @divegeester said
    No that isn’t what I meant, and in fact that piece of text you quote is just a snippet from the article I copy/pasted. But nor do I think the author of that article meant what your referring to either.

Nevertheless the trinity doctrine is “weird”, as you term it.
    What I'm saying is that I find it a bit comical that the notion of a "gender fluid" Jesus is upsetting to some, whereas the weirdness of the trinity concept gets a pass. Just goes to show that what counts as absurd or objectionable hinges an awful lot on tradition and what one was beaten over the head with during one's formative years.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '22 10:591 edit
    @soothfast said
    What I'm saying is that I find it a bit comical that the notion of a "gender fluid" Jesus is upsetting to some, whereas the weirdness of the trinity concept gets a pass. Just goes to show that what counts as absurd or objectionable hinges an awful lot on tradition and what one was beaten over the head with during one's formative years.
    Well that’s the truth.

Religionists tend to do and believe what they are told to do and believe, and they expect others to accept what they in turn tell them. They can get most upset when people don’t. KellyJay is a case in point.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree