1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jul '20 08:46
    @caesar-salad said
    So at what stage of life did you decide to become a stone-throwing ringleader and jackass?
    Ad hominem insults and a strawman In one sentence, well done.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jul '20 08:47
    @caesar-salad said
    We are also well aware of your coyness and evasion re: whether you still consider yourself a Christian.
    I have been absolutely clear in this forum about where I stand as a Christian since I joined the site 12 years ago.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jul '20 12:48
    @divegeester said
    I have been absolutely clear in this forum about where I stand as a Christian since I joined the site 12 years ago.
    You've expressed to me that you're a Christian, but not a very good one.

What have you been doing recently to become a better Christian?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jul '20 13:22
    @chaney3 said
    You've expressed to me that you're a Christian, but not a very good one.What have you been doing recently to become a better Christian?
    I don’t see what business that is of yours, nor what benefit there is to me in telling you.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jul '20 13:29
    @divegeester said
    I don’t see what business that is of yours, nor what benefit there is to me in telling you.
    Well, Christianity is about always striving to be a better man, to be like Jesus.

If you're content with being 'barely' a Christian, because you love the world, or you make excuses because you're just a human, well.....it's sort of hypocritical, and Jesus is aware of it.

Doesn't seem as if you're trying too hard.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jul '20 13:59
    It's ironic that some Christians (dive), worry themselves about hell, yet, don't do too much during their life to transform themself into a person whom God would be pleased.

You cannot be a good Christian, yet be a callous, abrasive, confrontational persona on a chess site.

Who are we fooling?
  7. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    01 Jul '20 14:08
    @chaney3 said
    It's ironic that some Christians (dive), worry themselves about hell, yet, don't do too much during their life to transform themself into a person whom God would be pleased.

You cannot be a good Christian, yet be a callous, abrasive, confrontational persona on a chess site.

Who are we fooling?
    how many levels of christianity are there between "good christian" and "bad christian"?

you need not list them, just a good ole fat round number will do
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jul '20 14:13
    @rookie54 said
    how many levels of christianity are there between "good christian" and "bad christian"?

you need not list them, just a good ole fat round number will do
    Only 1 level:

A good Christian always strives to be better, and is NOT content with his flaws, shrugs shoulders, and claims "oh well, I'm human".

Got it? Atheist...not that you really care at all anyway.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jul '20 14:35
    I believe Jesus died for me.
    Now, I'm a Christian.

But.....I'm gonna live exactly how the hell I want to!!!!

Sound familiar?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jul '20 15:20
    @chaney3 said
    Now, I'm a Christian.

Sound familiar?
    Donald Trump during the 2016 election campaign and perhaps for 50 or so years prior to that?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jul '20 19:33
    @chaney3 said
    Well, Christianity is about always striving to be a better man, to be like Jesus.If you're content with being 'barely' a Christian, because you love the world, or you make excuses because you're just a human, well.....it's sort of hypocritical, and Jesus is aware of it.Doesn't seem as if you're trying too hard.
    This post by you just proved my point.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 18:58
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I must have missed the posts where Dive was evasive about whether or not he was a Christian. (Certainly seen such posts from Chaney). I have never doubted Dive's Christianity and have found his humility (as opposed to say Sonship's arrogance and flippancy) and questioning of such concepts as eternal torment in hell to be highly commendable.
    I should have acknowledged this at the time, but didn’t.

Thanks.
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 19:01
    @divegeester said
    Wouldn't it benefit society in general if you were actually to become a Christian and allow the Holy Spirit to do Its transformative work?

Not that you care about other people, of course.
  14. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 19:03
    @chaney3 said
    Now, I'm a Christian.

Sound familiar?
    Hey, as Rasputin said, "The greater the sin, the greater the grace."* **

*Not sure it was Rasputin who actually said that.

**Most other Christians would probably not agree with that view, I gather.
  15. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 19:29
    @divegeester said
    Ad hominem insults and a strawman In one sentence, well done.
    Just following your example.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree