1. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Sep '21 23:25
    @sonship said
    Yea, some of them come off that way.

Here's the deal. JESUS . . . is available.

Jesus . . . the living Person . . . in a mysterious way IS AVAILABLE.
    This is truth.
    This is true truth.

I was shocked to find out.
    Clearly this is not the case. If He wee available to you, then you would the preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ. All we get from you is ridicule and condemnation of what Jesus said.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Sep '21 16:28
    @sonship said
    You cannot overcome the sinning nature.
    You will never be able on your own to overcome it.
    Neither me.

Do you still have any hope in yourself?
    The sooner you realize that you are HOPELESS the sooner you will stop wasting your life and time. That is if you open wide your heart that every part would be Christ's.

There IS one who can overcome - a Victor, a Conque ...[text shortened]... erson is the Son of God. And HE can overcome IN you on your behalf.

This is called the Gospel.
    I have asked you this before, but have never gotten an answer.

Do you consider yourself to be a Calvinist?
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Sep '21 16:32
    @suzianne said

I suspect yes, as he does seem to take the 'eating' of Christ quite literally (in line with transubstantiation).
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    15 Sep '21 19:05
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I suspect yes, as he does seem to take the 'eating' of Christ quite literally (in line with transubstantiation).
    Psst, Jesus had actually planned to come back in 1988, just like the brochures said.

The cannibals scared him off. 😂
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Sep '21 19:13
    @bigdogg said
    Psst, Jesus had actually planned to come back in 1988, just like the brochures said.

The cannibals scared him off. 😂
    If he had done he would have found me wearing fluorescent socks and listening to The Proclaimers.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Sep '21 21:455 edits
    @Suzianne

Excuse me Suzianne. This is the first time I noticed this question.

I do not know much about "CalvinISM" as a creed. I am aware of some of the verses to which John Calvin drew attention. And I believe those passages. But I would not know all that is expected of one who wears the label "CalvinIST".

So I agree with John Calvin's pointing out certain passages.
    The statements of the Bible are more important to me than a creedal label.

Does this help?
    I agree with Calvin drawing attention to certain verses of Scripture.
    I do not go beyond this to wear a label of "CalvinISM".
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Sep '21 22:083 edits
    @Velns
    If as you assert, I cannot overcome the sinful nature which I was born with, then how can it be “my” personal failure. It follows that if my “disgusting behaviours” (as you call them) are not my failure, then they are someone else’s failure (your god for example) and that person is responsible. And yet according to your teaching, I will be burnt alive in hell for this failure by someone else and which I “cannot overcome”.

What a strange, convoluted and contradictory philosophy you hold to.

If your name is not found written in the Lamb's book of life you will be going to the lake of fire.

"And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened; and another scroll was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by the things which were written in the scrolls, according to their works. " (Rev. 20:12)

Skipping to verse 14,15 -

"And death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire." (vs, 14,15)
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Sep '21 22:134 edits
    Velns,

If our name is not included in the book of life into eternal punishment will be the result. So we want to be sure that our names are in the book of life .
    This book is also called "the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. " (Rev. 13:8)

Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world will save us and from the guilt if sin and the power of sin.

It is the case that many things we do we do not at some time realize the awfulness. We do not know our hearts and we do not often realize the darkness of our deeds until the light of the Holy Spirit and the word of God shine into our conscience.

If God all at one time illuminated to us the depth of our sinning it would probably drive us crazy. Do you find yourself AVOIDING opening up the Bible? Do you find yourself considering that you'd rather not open up the Bible?

This is likely because you realize that something in it may convict you about the way you live. Of course along with convicting words there are also great words of pardon, love, patience, forgiveness, and mercy.

I am someone who by His mercy, was able to take the whole package - the conviction along with the wonderful promises of redemption.
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    15 Sep '21 22:43
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    If he had done he would have found me wearing fluorescent socks and listening to The Proclaimers.
    TMI
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Sep '21 23:591 edit
    @sonship said
    If our name is not included in the book of life into eternal punishment will be the result. So we want to be sure that our names are in the book of life .
    You continue to show why you cannot be trusted and why your credibility around here is zero. The teachings of Christ, with which I'm sure all people posting here are familiar, paint a completely different picture who it is that suffer eternal punishment and torment, and whose names are not found in the book of life.

Here are some :
    The Rich Man [Luke 16]
    The Priest and Levite [Luke 10]
    The Goats [Matt 25]
    Born-again Church members, whose names are struck off the book of life for evil works {Rev 2 and 3]

If you need more like these and the references let me know.

As usual your doctrine is the polar opposite of the doctrine of Christ. Maybe its time to just shut up and come back only when you understand the bible.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Sep '21 00:05
    @Rajk999

Shut up.

You refuse to confess that Jesus is Lord.
    And you conceal from the world that you really don't believe in the physical and bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Sep '21 00:152 edits
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

Shut up.

And you conceal from the world that you really don't believe in the physical and bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus.
    How is that relevant to your failure to faithfully preach the doctrine of Jesus Christ? Do you think that the consequences to you for promoting false doctrines is lessened by my lack of confession to you? Are you sane?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Sep '21 06:049 edits
    Rajk999 will not confess Jesus Christ is Lord I don't recall before ANYONE . He could easily embarrass me and shut me up on that particular criticism. But he doesn't.

Rajk999 also will not unambiguously confess his belief in the physical resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. He could easily shut me up on that score also. But he doesn't.

Even all the atheists that he runs to to comfort himself along with have not been able to convince him to show me up on those two major points. So I don't think in all these years he has ever believed that Jesus is Lord and that God raised Him physically from the dead.

This reluctance to do so probably explains his war on the Christian mouth of confession. That this opposition to the faith is cloaked in good work doing, like the red letters said, is a sneaky excuse. Its a bribe. He teaches that basic belief for salvation is vain mouth worship.

" I do good works. You just talk " that's the game and dichotomy he runs.

"For many deceivers went out into the world, those who do not confess Jesus Christ coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Look to yourselves that you do not lose the things which we wrought, but that you may receive a full reward.

Everyone who goes beyond and does not abide in the teaching of Christ does not have God, he who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son.

If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house, and do not say to him, Rejoice! For he who says to him. Rejoice! shares in his evil works." ( 2 John 7-11)
  14. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Sep '21 07:13
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

Shut up.

Seeing as you have no qualms in telling Rajk to 'shut up,' I am going to tell you in turn to 'shut up' and to stop flooding this forum with mindless cut and pastes.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Sep '21 09:51
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Seeing as you have no qualms in telling Rajk to 'shut up,' I am going to tell you in turn to 'shut up' and to stop flooding this forum with mindless cut and pastes.
    .. which nobody reads .

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree