1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Sep '21 12:491 edit
    You cannot overcome the sinning nature.
    You will never be able on your own to overcome it.
    Neither me.

Do you still have any hope in yourself?
    The sooner you realize that you are HOPELESS the sooner you will stop wasting your life and time. That is if you open wide your heart that every part would be Christ's.

There IS one who can overcome - a Victor, a Conqueror. There is one in whom the evil forces of the cosmos has nothing in Him. This Person is the Son of God. And HE can overcome IN you on your behalf.

This is called the Gospel.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Sep '21 12:551 edit
    If you fall into some degrading and disgusting behavior and are disappointed in yourself, it is because you STILL have the foolish thought that you can overcome that power of sinning in you.

God knows what you are.
    God is not surprised.

YOU may be surprised because you still have hope in yourself.
    God made remedy for your failure before you were BORN.
    God is not shocked or surprised at how low you have fallen.
    You may be shocked and disappointed in yourself because YOU thought you had something. It is not a life powerful enough to overcome the sin nature.

Look, God knew how low you can fall BEFORE you were even born. And before you were born He sent Jesus Christ not only to clean and cleanse you from the guilt of sin but to liberate you from the power of it.

Christ rose from His death and became a divine life imparting, divine life infusing, divine life dispensing, invisible Holy Spirit.

"the last Adam [Christ] became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

That life giving Spirit is Jesus Christ in a form in which He can ACTUALLY be transmitted INTO your innermost spiritual being.

This is called the Gospel.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Sep '21 13:06
    Don't listen to Jesus hating intellectuals like Dr. Richard Carrier. He complains that Paul never met Jesus.

Quite the CONTRARY. Paul met the resurrected Christ and became a pioneer in experiencing Christ as the divine life imparting Spirit living in him.

"the last Adam [Christ] became a life giving Spirit"

This man (and others) PIONEERED in the skill of living in union with Christ the available and living Conqueror over sin and death. Christ is the only Victor.

Paul, who authored some 13 of the 27 books of the New Testament was a pioneer in this skill of living in union, in organic interweaving with the available Jesus the Son of God.

He is our only hope to overcome the sin nature that was infected into fallen man from the fall of Adam and Eve. Even if you do not believe the Adam and Eve account you know something you cannot overcome crops ups in you like weeds, like crab grass, like thorns and thistles which you cannot quite ever eradicate.

There is One who overcomes. There is one who is totally victorious.
    This One can BLEND into you.
    This One is available and fits COMFORTABLY within your heart as a hand fits comfortably in a glove.

Taking Him into you is EATING Him. And He taught that the one who eats Him will live because of Him.

"As the living Father has sent Me and I live because of the Father so he who eats Me shall live because of Me." (John 6:57) .

Eating Jesus is the way.

Eating Jesus is THE way.

EATING, taking Him IN, receiving Him IN, Welcoming Him in . . . EATING Him is the way. Eating Jesus we will become constituted with Jesus. You are what you eat.
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Sep '21 13:59
    @sonship said
    Neither me.
    This moral capitulation is one of the most abhorrent aspects of religious thought. It seeks to render humans as worthless creatures totally dependent on God. Not only is this wrong on a human level (and damaging to our growth as a species) it is also wrong in a Christian context, as if we can indeed not overcome our sinning nature, why did Jesus say in John 8:11 ' Go and sin no more.'
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Sep '21 14:03
    @sonship said

Eating Jesus is the way.

Eating Jesus is THE way.

EATING, taking Him IN, receiving Him IN, Welcoming Him in . . . EATING Him is the way. Eating Jesus we will become constituted with Jesus. You are what you eat.
    This cannibalistic aspect of your faith is equally abhorrent and repellant. Indeed, if there is anything in existence that would deter me from Christianity it is the part of your post I have highlighted. It is the stuff of horror films.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Sep '21 14:181 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    This cannibalistic aspect of your faith is equally abhorrent and repellant. Indeed, if there is anything in existence that would deter me from Christianity it is the part of your post I have highlighted. It is the stuff of horror films.
    Yes indeed. Everything about the teachings of this man is disgusting, and even worse is that he teaches stuff totally contrary to the teachings of Christ, so people like him will find themselves abhorrent to Christ as well, and get cast our of the Kingdom of God. He is a goat from Matt 25.
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    13 Sep '21 19:22
    If, by 'overcome', OP means that no one can be perfect, then yeah, duh, of course not.

But all one needs to do is rid oneself of the unattainable, defeatist delusion of attained perfection, and the problem is solved.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Sep '21 19:32
    @BigDogg

Come back when you get desperate.
    You're not desperate enough yet.

How your humanity is rotting because of sin has not hit you yet.
    Those who are well have no need of a physician.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Sep '21 19:421 edit
    @sonship said
    @BigDogg

Come back when you get desperate.
    You're not desperate enough yet.

How your humanity is rotting because of sin has not hit you yet.
    Those who are well have no need of a physician.
    The only person who needs help is you. You are a lost soul peddling your false doctrine to people who are quite likely closer to the Kingdom of God than you are. This opening post is nowhere to be found in the Gospel of Jesus Christ

You cannot overcome the sinning nature. You will never be able on your own to overcome it. Neither me. Do you still have any hope in yourself? The sooner you realize that you are HOPELESS the sooner you will stop wasting your life and time. That is if you open wide your heart that every part would be Christ's. There IS one who can overcome - a Victor, a Conqueror. There is one in whom the evil forces of the cosmos has nothing in Him. This Person is the Son of God. And HE can overcome IN you on your behalf. This is called the Gospel.

None of this part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If it is then please post a reference where it can be found in the bible. Please spare us the ridiculous nonsensical explanations.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Sep '21 19:471 edit
    For all of you reading who have no realization that daily you are accumulating the wrath of God upon you, you need to be saved.

" . . . do you despise the riches of His kindness and forebearance and long-suffering, not knowing that God's kindness is leading you to repentance.

But, according to your hardness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up for yourself wrath in the day of the wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God." (Rom. 2:4,5)

The unaware that you are accumulating and storing up the righteous anger of God about to be revealed.

Since you have a rendezvous with God you should give attention to the guilt of sin and to the power of sin. These are two problems that God has an answer to in His Son. If not you are just building up an accumulation of offenses, transgressions, and iniquities for which you will have to give an account to God.

And there is no creature that is not manifest before Him, but all things are naked and laid bare to the eyes of Him to whom we are to give our account." (Heb. 4:13)
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Sep '21 20:16
    @bigdogg said
    If, by 'overcome', OP means that no one can be perfect, then yeah, duh, of course not.

But all one needs to do is rid oneself of the unattainable, defeatist delusion of attained perfection, and the problem is solved.
    God's salvation is unleashed upon a corporate entity as they love one another and are built up in Christ. And His covenant is to perfect them to the degree that they will match Christ to marry Him as a collective single Bride.

"Husbands love your wives even as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her that He might sanctify her, cleansing her by the washing of the water in the word.

That He might present the church to Himself glorious, not having spot or wrinkle or any such things, but that she would be holy and without blemish." (Eph. 5:25)

My being forgiven and cleansed and washed by the living word of Christ is not just for my individual blessing. It is a integral part of God's purpose to present this corporate entity to Christ as a match for Him.

The salvation of Christ goes beyond an individual blessing on any individual. But His higher goal is to present to Himself a Wife of all those together who have been conformed to the image of Christ.

God marked out a destiny for some reading this thread to be presented before Himself spotless with no wrinkle of oldness and no foreign element defiling and no blemish of iniquity.

"Even as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and without blemish before Him in love, predestinating us unto sonship through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will.,

To the praise of the glory of His grace which He graced us on the Beloved." (Eph. 1:4-6)

Don't you want to yield up your heart to the eternal purpose of God?
    May God help us all to see the value of His eternal purpose in Jesus Christ.
  12. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Sep '21 20:19
    The title of this thread is negated by John 8:11 ' Go and sin no more.'
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Sep '21 20:201 edit
    We can forgive all our enemies because Christ is able to save us and others to the uttermost.

"But to Him who is able to guard you from stumbling and to set you before His glory without blemish in exultation,

To the only God our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord be glory, majesty, might, and authority before all time and now and unto all eternity. Amen." (Jude 24,25)

These men who wrote these things saw something and knew something.
  14. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Sep '21 20:24
    @sonship said
    Neither me.
    Jesus. - "Go and sin no more.'

Sonship. - "(Impossible) We cannot overcome our sinning nature."
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Sep '21 20:33
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Jesus. - "Go and sin no more.'

Sonship. - "(Impossible) We cannot overcome our sinning nature."
    Sonship's long drawn out nonsense destroyed in one sentence ... 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree