1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '20 03:52
    @secondson said
    Mine is the exception. There is only one way to God, and that is through Jesus Christ, and you know that's what the Bible teaches.

So why are you making such an abject ignorant remark?
    It is not an 'ignorant remark" to point out that major religions - including Christianity - are based on the prospect or promise of eternal life.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '20 03:541 edit
    @secondson said
    I can quote chapter and verse the promises made in the Bible relative to eternal life, and there's not another religious system or writings that can compare whatsoever.
    The fact that the "system" or writings of your religion are different from those of other religions is not evidence of the "truth" of your religion.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '20 03:561 edit
    @secondson said
    All major religions in the eyes of their adherents deal with death by promising that it can be 'conquered' by everlasting life.

Nonsense. Prove it.
    It's fine by me if you want to conduct yourself on this forum while holding the view that "eternal life" is not a feature of all major religions and is only a feature of yours. It will be odd. But it will maybe be interesting. It will certainly marginalize you as a commentator on religion.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '20 04:19
    @secondson said
    You really are quite ignorant about Christianity.
    You can't dismiss scrutiny of the doctrines you believe in as being "ignorant" simply because the scrutiny is coming from someone who doesn't share your belief in those doctrines. Well, you CAN, of course. But it's just online banter if you do.
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    12 Jan '20 11:58
    @fmf said
    You can't dismiss scrutiny of the doctrines you believe in as being "ignorant" simply because the scrutiny is coming from someone who doesn't share your belief in those doctrines. Well, you CAN, of course. But it's just online banter if you do.
    And it's just online banter to claim other religions make the same claims as Christianity without proofs.

You made the claim that other religions "promise eternal life". Cite the sources.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '20 12:07
    @secondson said
    And it's just online banter to claim other religions make the same claims as Christianity without proofs.

You made the claim that other religions "promise eternal life". Cite the sources.
    The promise of eternal life is a feature of almost all major religions. It is not "online banter". If you don't believe it, just go ahead and act upon your disbelief.
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    12 Jan '20 12:12
    @fmf said
    The promise of eternal life is a feature of almost all major religions.
    If that's true, then it should be easy and simple for you to pick one and cite the promise made.

Or continue your online banter.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '20 12:171 edit
    @secondson said
    If that's true, then it should be easy and simple for you to pick one and cite the promise made.

Or continue your online banter.
    It's not "online banter". Be my guest and deny one of the most uncontroversial facts about all major religions of the world - including Christianity - all down through history if you feel the need to. I am not going to give you any links. It is more interesting to simply let you make a fool of yourself in public.
  9. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    12 Jan '20 16:50
    @fmf said
    It's not "online banter". Be my guest and deny one of the most uncontroversial facts about all major religions of the world - including Christianity - all down through history if you feel the need to. I am not going to give you any links. It is more interesting to simply let you make a fool of yourself in public.
    I'm not asking for a "link". Just one simple quote from any religious text of your choice to support your assertion.

You're making a fool of yourself by making unsubstantiated claims. Maybe someone will come to your rescue.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '20 18:28
    @secondson said
    I'm not asking for a "link". Just one simple quote from any religious text of your choice to support your assertion.
    It's more interesting to simply let you BE in the corner into which you have backed yourself until you decide to come out. Almost all major religions feature the notion of eternal life for their adherents. The Earth is not flat. The U.S. landed astronauts on the moon. I'm offering no links.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 17:07
    @secondson said
    You're making a fool of yourself by making unsubstantiated claims. Maybe someone will come to your rescue.
    No one came to my rescue. And no one came to yours.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree