1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Aug '19 23:39
    https://cruxnow.com/church-in-the-usa/2018/02/24/catholic-schools-spared-mass-school-shootings-remain-vigilant/

Seems like religious schools are doing something right and public schools not so much.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '19 08:32
    @whodey said
    https://cruxnow.com/church-in-the-usa/2018/02/24/catholic-schools-spared-mass-school-shootings-remain-vigilant/

Seems like religious schools are doing something right and public schools not so much.
    What would that be?
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    17 Aug '19 11:10
    @divegeester said
    What would that be?
    Could it be teaching the truth?
  4. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    17 Aug '19 14:20
    @secondson said
    That is just about the stupidest and most ignorant post I have read this year.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '19 18:35
    @caissad4 said
    You should follow more of secondson’s posts. Or maybe look back over josephw’s, as they are the same poster.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '19 18:35
    @secondson said
    Is Catholic doctrine the truth?
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 06:40
    @divegeester said
    Is Catholic doctrine the truth?
    They say the Truth hurts.
    Many a choir boy can testify to that.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 06:42
    Why is it that Whodey seems to not return so many of his “fart in an elevator” threads.
  9. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 15:28
    @caissad4 said
    Why is that?

Do you attribute the rise in violent crime in our public schools to good and wholesome teaching of what's right and wrong?

Your post above underscores a deep and disturbing underlying fear of the truth, crippling your intellectual ability to engage in a discourse relative to the cause and effect of the curriculum taught in our public schools on the morals of our youth.
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 15:31
    @divegeester said
    Why is it that Whodey seems to not return so many of his “fart in an elevator” threads.
    Because of posters like you the lack even the least amount of intellectual integrity.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '19 01:141 edit
    Do public schools in the U.S. really educate students in a way they end up not knowing that carrying out a mass murder is wrong?
  12. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    19 Aug '19 02:29
    @secondson said
    Why is that?

Do you attribute the rise in violent crime in our public schools to good and wholesome teaching of what's right and wrong?

Your post above underscores a deep and disturbing underlying fear of the truth, crippling your intellectual ability to engage in a discourse relative to the cause and effect of the curriculum taught in our public schools on the morals of our youth.
    A narrow minded post there. Is it a Christian, Moslem, Judaic or any other religious truth you are talking about ? All claim to know the truth.
  13. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    19 Aug '19 02:55
    @fmf said
    Do public schools in the U.S. really educate students in a way they end up not knowing that carrying out a mass murder is wrong?
    You wouldn't think so would you.

But then that's where the mass murders occurred. Not in private schools, and not in parochial schools either.

The question rises, what is it private schools have that public schools don't that makes it appear that public schools may be fostering an environment conducive to violent behavior?

Of course it would be ignorant to hold public schools solely responsible. I'm certain there are many other contributing factors, all of which I'm equally certain you will take exception to if I were to list them.

Instead of doing that, perhaps you might offer your own reasons and explanations for the steady rise in violence throughout America.

No doubt you'll say it's because of religion, and Christianity in particular. I know caissad will.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '19 03:07
    @secondson said

But then that's where the mass murders occurred. Not in private schools, and not in parochial schools either.

The question rises, what is it private schools have that public schools don't that makes it appear that public schools may be fostering an environment conducive to violent behavior?

Of course it would be ignorant to hold pub ...[text shortened]...
    No doubt you'll say it's because of religion, and Christianity in particular. I know caissad will.
    So you don't want to give a straightforward answer to my question?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '19 03:09
    @secondson said

Of course it would be ignorant to hold pub ...[text shortened]...
    Why do you think public schools in the U.S. get shot up more than public schools in places like Canada, Germany, Britain, and the Netherlands?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree