1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '21 11:27
    This is a question to those who believe someone died on the cross on Calvary hill at Golgotha. Who was the person who died on the cross?

What catches my attention is what the Bible says about it.
  2. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    27 Jun '21 11:291 edit
    @sonship said
    This is a question to those who believe someone died on the cross on Calvary hill at Golgotha. Who was the person who died on the cross?

Good thing you never got captivated by Moon Knight.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '21 12:161 edit
    Who died on that cross on Calvary?

God in a man. Watchman Nee wrote in "The Gospel of God"

"We have sin, and sin can only be taken care of by God Himself. For this reason, God came to the world to be a man."

I have been given the ability to believe this - that "God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself" (2 Cor. 5:19)

I believe the New Testament shows God went to the uttermost in His love to save us by justifying us from the condemnation we deserved. He could go no further in that He who knew no sin became sin on our behalf that we might be justified eternally.

Who do you think died on the cross?
  4. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    27 Jun '21 12:35
    @sonship

Miss Moneypenny?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jun '21 12:411 edit
    @sonship said

Another thread designed to show that Christians are 'once saved always savd', and do not have to do anything but sit around and let Christ take the blame for all their sins.

Whatever happened to all those other failed threads, you left hanging?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '21 12:53
    @rajk999 said
    Another thread designed to show that Christians are 'once saved always savd', and do not have to do anything but sit around and let Christ take the blame for all their sins.

Whatever happened to all those other failed threads, you left hanging?
    Is a "failed thread" a thread that you do not agree with?

The question is about the identity of the one who died on the cross.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '21 12:541 edit
    @kevin-eleven said
    @sonship

Miss Moneypenny?
    Explain that.

Is that a character in one of your games like maybe Moon Knight?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '21 12:55
    @Kevin-Eleven

Why are you making light of the question ?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jun '21 13:03
    @sonship said
    Is a "failed thread" a thread that you do not agree with?

The question is about the identity of the one who died on the cross.
    A failed thread is one where you try to prove a point contrary to bible teachings because you need to support a false doctrine. Obviously that thread was doomed to failure. Knowing who died on the cross is of no value to those who do not understand what the man who died on the cross, said about what one must do to get eternal life. You are such a person. Its a matter of priorities, and yours are wrong therefore leads to failure, and that is fine but you are leading others to follow you to failure and that is where you will come into great condemnation.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '21 13:111 edit
    Acts 20:28 speaks of the One who died on the cross.
    It is mysterious. It is God yet God with human blood.

How could this be?

"Take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among whom the Holy Spirit has placed you as overseers to shepherd the church of God, which He obtained with His own blood."

To be fair the capable Bible translator John Nelson Darby said it should be "which He purchased with the blood of His own".

I would not dare to think to argue with a Greek translator such as Darby. But other scholars say it should be the church of God which He obtained with His own blood.

The Word who was God did become flesh (John 1:1,14)

But then how can God die?
    How can God have flesh and blood and how can God die?

This is the revelation of the incarnation of God.
    He was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '21 13:12
    As far as it is possible for you and I to understand, God laid down everything in His love that we would be reconciled to Him.

And some here make frivolous jokes about it.
    And some don't want to believe there was even any need for such an act.

Maybe eternal punishment is the other side of not believing God went to such a length to save us from our sins. He could go no further than in Christ lay down His own life for us. He who knew no sin was made sin on our behalf.

And jokesters and comedians here make jolly whimsical jest of what God has done for their souls.

"Him who not know sin He made sin on our behalf that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." (2 Cor. 5:21)

One has to ask himself "Why are they acting up?"
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '21 13:231 edit
    Who died there on Calvary's cross. Maybe it is not important?

The Bible says that it is important and that it is both universal and personal to each one of us.

"Namely, God in Christ was reconciling the world to Himself, not accounting their offenses to them, and has put in us the word of reconciliation.

On behalf of Christ then we are ambassadors, as God entreats you through us;
    we beseech you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.

Him who did not know sin He made sin on our behalf that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '21 14:51
    @sonship

Believe what you want to believe. Allow others to do the same.
  14. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    27 Jun '21 15:01
    @sonship said
    @Kevin-Eleven

Why are you making light of the question ?
    I can't speak for him, but to me it's not so much a question as a clumsy rhetorical device, allowing you to lob yet more large blocks of text at no one in particular.
  15. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    27 Jun '21 15:25
    @sonship said
    Acts 20:28 speaks of the One who died on the cross.
    It is mysterious. It is God yet God with human blood.
    Nowhere in the bible does Jesus claim to be God, but acknowledges The Father as his God (you may recall his utterance while he was hanging on the stake/cross)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree