1. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    02 Sep '20 12:30
    @divegeester said
    It depends on accuracy of the description which in turn is dependent on the deity existing in the first place.

Therefore:

- Does deity exist? Yes
    - Is description accurate? Yes
    - Deity takes sides? Yes
    Oh, I must have misunderstood your previous answer. I took it as meaning that it must be down to the author's wish that a deity appears to take sides and a misrepresentation of God's will.

Sounds like you in fact believe in a god that takes sides and feel that geographical and tribal boundaries mark the division between those in favour with god and those who are out of favour? Surely that would mean that something as arbitrary as where you were born determines whether god favours you or not? Do you believe you were born on the right side of the division because that was what god wanted for you and that god didn't want it for those born in the wrong place?
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Sep '20 12:52
    @divegeester said
    Except in the book “The Revelation of Jesus Christ”, or at least the popular interpretation of it.
    True enough.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Sep '20 18:23
    @petewxyz said

Sounds like you in fact believe in a god that takes sides and feel that geographical and tribal boundaries mark the division between those in favour with god and those who are out of favour? Surely that would mean that something as arbitrary as where you were born determines whether god favours you or not? Do you believe you were born on the right side of the division because that was what god wanted for you and that god didn't want it for those born in the wrong place?
    I don’t think I neither said nor implied any of that conjecture you have posted.

What I said was “It depends on accuracy of the description which in turn is dependent on the deity existing in the first place.”
  4. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    02 Sep '20 20:36
    @divegeester said
    I don’t think I neither said nor implied any of that conjecture you have posted.

What I said was “It depends on accuracy of the description which in turn is dependent on the deity existing in the first place.”
    Absolutely, but then you made a list answering 'yes' to all the things that you say it depends on which I thought implied what I said. If I have misunderstood let me know. If it's an area you don't want to discuss then that is obviously fine.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Sep '20 21:37
    @petewxyz said
    Absolutely, but then you made a list answering 'yes' to all the things that you say it depends on which I thought implied what I said.
    Heres is the alternative:

- Does deity exist? No.
    - Is description accurate? How can it be?
    - Deity takes sides? The deity doesn’t exist.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Sep '20 21:37
    @petewxyz said
    If I have misunderstood let me know.
    Okay.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Sep '20 21:38
    @petewxyz said
    If it's an area you don't want to discuss then that is obviously fine.
    It’s a very sensitive topic which is also intellectually challenging, but you know what, I think I’ll try to press on with the discussion.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Sep '20 03:38
    @galveston75 said
    Howdy y'all. For sure it would be the Great State of Texas....
    Then why on earth did he fill it with Texans?
  9. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    04 Sep '20 08:15
    @divegeester said
    Heres is the alternative:

- Does deity exist? No.
    - Is description accurate? How can it be?
    - Deity takes sides? The deity doesn’t exist.
    What should I conclude from a choice of alternative beliefs? It could mean you are unsure and torn between the alternatives? It could mean you prefer not to say which one fits your beliefs?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '20 04:591 edit
    @petewxyz said
    What should I conclude from a choice of alternative beliefs? It could mean you are unsure and torn between the alternatives? It could mean you prefer not to say which one fits your beliefs?
    Three questions packed into a little post, gosh you’re struggling with this. Here are my answers in chronological order...

- It depends on accuracy of the description which in turn is dependent on the deity existing in the first place. (See my previous post with the original reply to you on the previous page)
    - Could it?
    - Could it?
  11. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    06 Sep '20 02:42

Removed by poster

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree