1. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    28 Jul '20 14:28
    does God like best now? In the Bible, he's always taking sides...
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Jul '20 15:18
    @ogb said
    This one. (Currently).

YouTube

Ask me again on Thursday.
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    28 Jul '20 15:29
    @ogb said
    It's a vast Cosmos, and so far we only know of one world that even has the concept of "countries".
  4. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    28 Jul '20 15:30
    @ogb said
    God has a soft spot for Scotland.

He loves irn-bru.
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    28 Jul '20 15:32
    @neilarini said

He loves irn-bru.
    And Neil Gunn, I would imagine.
  6. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    28 Jul '20 15:37
    @caesar-salad said
    And Neil Gunn, I would imagine.
    God doesn't like anyone called Neil.

(He hates me).
  7. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    28 Jul '20 15:57
    @neilarini said

(He hates me).
    😥

Perhaps it is your lot to be liked or at least tolerated indirectly, by some of your fellow sprouts!

:wan smile attempting some kind of positive framing but on the verge of uncontrollable sobbing:
  8. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    28 Jul '20 16:03
    @neilarini said

He loves irn-bru.
    guga feasting in the Outer Hebrides, too
  9. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    28 Jul '20 16:04
    @neilarini said

(He hates me).
    How do you know he's not just moving in mysterious ways?

On Saturday I got up to find water coming through the light fitting in our kitchen. Big pool on the floor. A pipe had just burst under the floor of the bathroom (bad). But it happened just at the right moment for me to turn off the mains and drain the system through the kitchen tap (good). COVID meant we weren't off touring with the caravan for a few weeks as planned (bad/good/mysterious).

I know this excellent plumber who came and sorted it there and then for next to nothing (good). I know him through the beach cleaning group (do some good and there is more good around - karma?).

The original pipe work was done by a 'builder' who was actually a plasterer who was recommended to us by people down the road. He announced after the job was started he did his own plumbing. He had kinked a plastic pipe where he should have used an elbow joint. The cheap piping had perished at the kink. (major league bad)

The people who recommended the first guy knew him from their local church where he was viewed as a hero as he spent half the year doing building jobs for African orphanages so they wanted to get him jobs (good, bad, mysterious)

So was I being loved, hated, baffled by mysterious ways or cunningly introduced to karma via a strange route? Should there be a poll?
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Jul '20 17:24
    @neilarini said

(He hates me).
    God told me on Saturday that he doesn't like the way you dress. (Or your ears).
  11. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    28 Jul '20 17:34
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    God told me on Saturday that he doesn't like the way you dress. (Or your ears).
    If God's got a problem with me he should have put it in the bible.

Y'know; "Thou shalt not wear comfy tracksuit bottoms and football shirts" and "Blessed are the pretty ears."
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Jul '20 19:26
    @ogb said
    Howdy y'all. For sure it would be the Great State of Texas....
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    28 Jul '20 19:57
    @ogb said
    The Lord is on His own side. His mission is to saves the sinners soul.

Joshua 5:13-15
    New International Version
    The Fall of Jericho
    13 Now when Joshua was near Jericho, he looked up and saw a man standing in front of him with a drawn sword in his hand. Joshua went up to him and asked, “Are you for us or for our enemies?”

14 “Neither,” he replied, “but as commander of the army of the Lord I have now come.” Then Joshua fell facedown to the ground in reverence, and asked him, “What message does my Lord have for his servant?”

15 The commander of the Lord’s army replied, “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy.” And Joshua did so.
  14. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Jul '20 20:191 edit
    @neilarini said
    If God's got a problem with me he should have put it in the bible.

Y'know; "Thou shalt not wear comfy tracksuit bottoms and football shirts" and "Blessed are the pretty ears."
    In relation to your ears, God did make three references to them:

Isaiah 55:3 - “Incline your ear and come to Me. Listen, that you may live." (By 'incline your ear' he was subtly saying your ears were too sticky-outy).

Job 42:5 - “I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear; But now my eye sees You;....big ears."

Proverbs 18:15 - "The mind of the prudent acquires knowledge, And the ear of the wise seeks knowledge." (He told me later that your ears sought cauliflowers).
  15. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    28 Jul '20 22:03
    God likes me more than he likes any of you. I'm his favorite sinner. He told me that just now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree