1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 May '22 06:50
    @divegeester said
    Funnily enough your “begone serpent” slur didn’t crop up in conversation.
    It does in my conversations with my mother-in-law.
  2. Joined
    04 May '22
    Moves
    03 Jun '22 21:50
    @divegeester

Palynka was kind enough to share with me some of his advanced economic research (his thesis and an NBER paper he wrote, as I recall) – and was humble enough to acknowledge some critical comments I made, whilst disagreeing about their empirical effect (and he knew I had been out of the game a long time).

We parted (internet) friends. I envy you your dinner in Paris …
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '22 23:00

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jun '22 07:543 edits
    @vistesd2 said
    @divegeester

Palynka was kind enough to share with me some of his advanced economic research (his thesis and an NBER paper he wrote, as I recall) – and was humble enough to acknowledge some critical comments I made, whilst disagreeing about their empirical effect (and he knew I had been out of the game a long time).

We parted (internet) friends. I envy you your dinner in Paris …
    He shared that paper with me also; I didn’t understand it. He was, or became a professor of economics in Paris working both there and at another time the London Business school of economic and finance. He is very talented in his field, although like us all quite ordinary in others. He is one of the smartest people I’m happy to know.

He and I argued over Brexit (elsewhere not at RHP) and most bitterly at times, with him later apologising for the unpleasantness he directed me. And I to he. Yet we remained good albeit distant friends.

When we met in Paris we embraced warmly, still discussed Brexit, still disagreed but mutually acknowledging differences of opinion over the facts, the theories, the politics and the historical social engines which (at a later time) drove the eventual outcome.

We also laughed a lot.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jun '22 08:01
    @vistesd2

I assume you are the original @vistesd?
    If so your return to this forum would be most welcomed.
  6. Joined
    04 May '22
    Moves
    05 Jun '22 15:32
    @divegeester

I am. Thank you for the kind words. I'll probably just drop in from time to time.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Jun '22 02:44
    @vistesd2 said
    @divegeester

I am. Thank you for the kind words. I'll probably just drop in from time to time.
    Amazing!

I had thought you were gone forever. Most happy to hear from you again. I pray you and yours are well.

How long has it been? Ten years since you last posted here?
  8. Joined
    04 May '22
    Moves
    06 Jun '22 23:53
    @josephw

Thank you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree