1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jun '22 22:13
    @suzianne said
    This is ridiculous and stands as a baffling apologism for an industry which garners profit from the wanton death of American citizens.

What is your little "pew pew" gonna do against rocket launchers or tanks?
    Rocket launchers and tanks, if that happens, do you think owning or not owning
    a gun will matter; cities will be going up in smoke, not just schools.
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    04 Jun '22 22:33
    @bunnyknight said
    Every single government in all of history where the ruling class has no fear of the people, degenerates into a brutal regime that abuses and brutalizes it's subjects.

Tell me, what will you do when your own police state starts robbing you and raping your daughters, and they have all the weapons?
    You seem to have a rather jaundiced view of a modern day democracy.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jun '22 01:07
    @indonesia-phil said
    You seem to have a rather jaundiced view of a modern day democracy.
    I'd say democracy has nothing to do with it; its human nature; power doesn't
    corrupt it reveals corruption, and as soon as people start consolidating power
    to where they think they are in absolute control; their corruption is going to be
    revealed absolutely. The smaller the group at the top, the more there are of
    the little people on the bottom.
  4. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    05 Jun '22 02:29
    @suzianne said
    This is ridiculous and stands as a baffling apologism for an industry which garners profit from the wanton death of American citizens.

What is your little "pew pew" gonna do against rocket launchers or tanks?
    Just like the 60 year fake war on cancer, the way these shootings are treated is a sick joke. There's zero interest in tackling the real cause because doing so would 'inconvenience' the ruling class who really don't give a dam about your children or anyone else. Just like cancer, the increasing number of citizens going insane are nothing more than a symptom of a sick, dysfunctional society that's being run by sociopaths who do nothing but lie and deceive.

After everything I've seen recently, the only outcome I see is a total collapse of civilization. It also appears like they are planning this collapse on purpose, as evident by poking and cornering Russia into an atomic war.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '22 02:39
    @kellyjay said
    Actually that is all you have, you have rejected anything outside of you coming in, so your universe stops at your nose.
    I have been absorbing 'everything outside of me coming in' and 'the universe beyond my nose' all my life long and a good deal more successfully than you have, methinks.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jun '22 02:56
    @fmf said
    I have been absorbing 'everything outside of me coming in' and 'the universe beyond my nose' all my life long and a good deal more successfully than you have, methinks.
    Ahh, it's all between your ears; you only think so. 🙂
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '22 03:04
    @kellyjay said
    Ahh, it's all between your ears; you only think so.
    All cognition, whether it is yours, mine, everyone's, is - as you yourself put it - between our ears.
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    05 Jun '22 03:06
    @bunnyknight said
    Just like the 60 year fake war on cancer, the way these shootings are treated is a sick joke. There's zero interest in tackling the real cause because doing so would 'inconvenience' the ruling class who really don't give a dam about your children or anyone else. Just like cancer, the increasing number of citizens going insane are nothing more than a symptom of a sick, d ...[text shortened]... are planning this collapse on purpose, as evident by poking and cornering Russia into an atomic war.
    Nobody promised you a rose garden.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jun '22 03:09
    @kevin-eleven said
    Nobody promised you a rose garden.
    Didn't someone once say some would see it all burn to the ground if they could
    rule over the ashes?
  10. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    05 Jun '22 13:40
    @kellyjay said
    I'd say democracy has nothing to do with it; its human nature; power doesn't
    corrupt it reveals corruption, and as soon as people start consolidating power
    to where they think they are in absolute control; their corruption is going to be
    revealed absolutely. The smaller the group at the top, the more there are of
    the little people on the bottom.
    The poster I was replying to seemed to envisage an imminent or eventual scenario where the American proletariat would have to be armed to defend themselves against the rise of a police state, where people were robbed and daughters raped by the police. Do you envisage a similar scenario occurring?
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jun '22 20:58
    @indonesia-phil said
    The poster I was replying to seemed to envisage an imminent or eventual scenario where the American proletariat would have to be armed to defend themselves against the rise of a police state, where people were robbed and daughters raped by the police. Do you envisage a similar scenario occurring?
    I don’t believe Americans are any different than any other country; we are no
    better or worse than the rest; if it can happen elsewhere, it can happen here.
    My complaint in the gun debate is not the guns; it is the culture that has been
    developing for years now, where personal satisfaction comes before most other
    things, including the lives of others. We remove the idea of life as sacred to be
    put above our selfish desires; we shouldn’t be surprised when people act out
    their desires over life.

“In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.”
    — CS Lewis, “The Abolition of Man”
  12. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    05 Jun '22 23:15
    @kellyjay said
    I don’t believe Americans are any different than any other country; we are no
    better or worse than the rest; if it can happen elsewhere, it can happen here.
    My complaint in the gun debate is not the guns; it is the culture that has been
    developing for years now, where personal satisfaction comes before most other
    things, including the lives of others. We remove the idea ...[text shortened]... ors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.”
    — CS Lewis, “The Abolition of Man”
    Indeed these are deep problems which pervade society, in America as elsewhere, currently we need look no further than the horror which is unfolding in the Ukraine. On a personal, day to day level I think I'm largely insulated from it all by living in a society where religious and other tolerances are the order of the day, and where the primary concern of the people around me is putting food on the table, if they have a table to put it on. Nobody could afford guns even of they wanted to....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree