1. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Sep '21 10:551 edit
    @medullah said

Is "Grace" a bit like The Rapture and The Trinity? Short answers appreciated without cutting and pasting.
    Sonship is well aware of what Grace is all about, and he is a good example of what Paul warned against and that is the abuse of grace.

Grace is the undeserved opportunity which God gave to all people by having Jesus die for the sins of all of mankind, and IF they live righteously THEN they get eternal life in the Kingdom of God. Without Christ's death and resurrection, there is no eternal life.

What many Christian churches have done is to promote the idea that a simple profession of faith removes the requirement for righteous living, with the claim that, they are saved, they have the Holy Spirit, they are born again and all their sins, past, present and future are already forgiven. [this is not in the bible]. Basically they can sin all they like and still get eternal life. Paul warned every single church in every letter, against this false doctrine and this is the doctrine promoted by sonship.
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    19 Sep '21 15:44
    @medullah said
    @moonbus

I do like a bit of humour injected into these threads LOL
    BTW, when the leopard lies down with the goat, it does not mean the leopard will be vegan. Leopards will still be carnivores; they cannot digest grass, as goats do.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Sep '21 23:512 edits
    @Rajk999

Grace is much more than just "undeserved opportunity".

Grace is a power of God over man and a power of God's life IN man as well.

You don't know. And you won't be taught because you don't want to know.

" Oink Oink " is all I'll get from casting pearls before hogs. What a waste.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 00:56
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

Me? Your posts are meant to teach me? I thought you said that you post so that others can learn from you. Are you not going to tell them about your version of grace?
  5. Joined
    10 Dec '18
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 00:56
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

I'm an atheist.
    You are a hypocrite. And not a very nice hypocrite either. You are vile, ugly, mean and nasty. Probably had a bad child hood. sorrry...it happens...but you CAN overcome it...if you want to...
    (i hope you don't have any kids)
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 01:38

Removed by poster

7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 06:40
    @rajk999 removed their quoted post
    What fine and wise comment. And, I think, very much what Jesus taught. I am reminded of the story of the centurion who humbled himself to ask Jesus to heal his sick servant, and Jesus said to him 'your faith has healed your servant.' We may presume that the centurion, a member of the Roman occupation army, was no Jew (and certainly no Christian either, since there were none at that time). The obvious lesson is: it does not matter what religion one belongs to. It does not matter whether someone can quote miles and miles of Scripture. What matters is the quality of one's soul. Humbly asking a favor, not for oneself, but for one's servant, showed the quality of the centurion's soul.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 10:583 edits
    @moonbus I dont understand what happened there. I removed no post. Here it is. I managed to go back in my phone history and retrieve it. Your post was a response to this: A good atheist is better than a bad Christian.

My post in response to joc44:
    A good atheist is better than a bad Christian. The poor guy probably had a rough childhood. Anyway he normally behaves like that because he is not able to defend his beliefs... so he is very frustrated. But usually in a couple days he calms down and apologises
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 11:46
    @moonbus said
    What fine and wise comment. And, I think, very much what Jesus taught. I am reminded of the story of the centurion who humbled himself to ask Jesus to heal his sick servant, and Jesus said to him 'your faith has healed your servant.' We may presume that the centurion, a member of the Roman occupation army, was no Jew (and certainly no Christian either, since there were none ...[text shortened]... asking a favor, not for oneself, but for one's servant, showed the quality of the centurion's soul.
    I have posted this several time sin the last few years and Christians hate it. Jesus never preached to the masses, the thousands and thousands, many of the things Christians preach. Here are some examples:
    - One must profess faith with the mouth
    - One must believe that He is the Son of God
    - One must believe that he died and rose from the dead
    - One must be born again
    These are all doctrines promoted by Paul. However Paul and the Apostles did clarify that Charity is greater than faith, and that failh without works is dead. So the Christian who can read and can understand will get the truth, that only the doers of righteousness and good works will get eternal life.

In the first recorded sermon, Matt 5, 6 and 7 the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus preached to thousands and there was no such doctrines preached. What Christians do is take the doctrines which Jesus spoke privately to some people and promote it to the exclusion of all else. A good example is that Nicodemus spoke privately to Jesus who told him that he must be born again.

-
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 22:08
    @rajk999 said
    @moonbus I dont understand what happened there. I removed no post. Here it is. I managed to go back in my phone history and retrieve it. Your post was a response to this: A good atheist is better than a bad Christian.

My post in response to joc44:
    A good atheist is better than a bad Christian. The poor guy probably had a rough childhood. Anywa ...[text shortened]... .. so he is very frustrated. But usually in a couple days he calms down and apologises
    Yes, I replied to "a good atheist is better than a bad Christian."

Dunno what happened to the rest of your post though.
  11. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    27 Sep '21 21:122 edits
    @suzianne said
    Jesus was sent to earth not only so that God could have the experience of being human, but to show humans the ideal to strive for, to show that yes, it is possible.

The Beatles famously said that, "Love is all you need." Well, add Faith to the mix, and you're very nearly there.
    Well, add Faith to the mix, and you're very nearly there.

This all sounds great, and I hope you're right, but "nearly there" isn't good enough for me. It still looks like Jesus is saying - Don't just stand there, BE PERFECT! Maybe something has gotten lost in the translation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree