1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    12 Jan '20 12:07
    @divegeester said
    Then what did you mean by “obedience”?

“Obedience and faith are the appropriate response to the giving of a gift too precious to describe in words.”
    "Obedience" is the reasonable response, but it doesn't save. That's what I mean.

"Faith" is the key through which grace is granted.

"Saved by grace through faith". Right?

There's nothing to add to or subtract from. That's the whole thing in a nutshell. Nothing complicated about it.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jan '20 14:582 edits
    I'm telling you, if I could cut and paste in the entire book of The Judgement Seat of Christ by D M Panton, I would.

To correct some of the abject ignorance running rampant in this Forum.
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    12 Jan '20 16:20
    @sonship said
    I'm telling you, if I could cut and paste in the entire book of The Judgement Seat of Christ by D M Panton, I would.

Is there anything in my post just above you believe needs correction?

I'm not saying that your post was directed at my post necessarily. I'm only asking if you think a correction can be made.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '20 18:35
    @sonship said
    You could do it on a blog.
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Jan '20 19:18
    @sonship said

That would probably result in you being contacted by the mods, to remind you to post responsibly and not spam up the forums.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jan '20 20:36

Removed by poster

7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Jan '20 20:56
    @sonship

Was that the entire book of The Judgement Seat of Christ you removed?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jan '20 21:066 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

No. That is a short book. Short but PACKED with truth.

It is not as if in the last twelve YEARS I myself have never spoken to the subject, especially with Rajk999. Some of you learn nothing. You're not here to learn anything in terms of correction of Christian teaching, some of you.

You're here to unload your criticisms, recycled, re-launched on new posters, quite immune from any educational correction.

Ie. "These complaints are just too good. Let's use them again and again and again, now and for years to come."
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 10:48
    @fmf said
    From another thread, posted by a Christian:

One day I will hear Jesus say to me, "Well done thou good and faithful servant".

"Done".

According to their beliefs, when Christians meet Jesus in "heaven", what is it that they will be required to have "done" well in their lives to warrant such a greeting [and reward]?

"Servant".

Don't servants have to actually do ...[text shortened]... aven" by Jesus, what is it that they will be required to have done as "servants" during their lives?
    Jesus explains a few verses down, in detail exactly what it is these professed servants have done well

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat:
    I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink:
    I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
    Naked, and ye clothed me:
    I was sick, and ye visited me:
    I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
    (Matthew 25:35-36 KJV)

The mouth worshipers who professed faith, and did nothing else would be cast out, as Jesus explains

.. Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire,
    prepared for the devil and his angels:
    For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat:
    I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
    I was a stranger, and ye took me not in:
    naked, and ye clothed me not:
    sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
    (Matthew 25:41-43 KJV)

The do nothing doctrine of Christians is the road to damnation.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 10:51
    @sonship said

Jesus and the Apostles do not need D M Panton to explain anything. The teachings of Christ are very clearly laid out in the bible in plain simple language. The only time explanations are required is when the aim is to twist and the manipulate the bible teachings to support false doctrines, such as what you promote.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 19:472 edits
    @Rajk999

Jesus and the Apostles do not need D M Panton to explain anything.

I didn't suggest it for the sake of Jesus and the Apostles.

And you? You're not even sure of any salvation after so long a time!
    You're still stuck in your poverty infested "Do as I SAY do not as I DO" mode.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 22:50
    @divegeester

Oh no, you've apparently have who that are nailed down.
    Let's see if I've got this by now. They are two or three god's in some kind of package deal that just appeared 300 something years after Jesus died which so happens to be the same formula that Babylon came up with a couple thousands years before. Hummmmm?
    But anyway they are or maybe not the same according to you.
    They are not all equal but yet they are. Two of them have names but the third one doesn't. One is called the Father and maybe has more authority but then he doesn't. Who knows? Two of them can talk to themselves but the third one doesn't ever seem to speak and in is not around much and is not ever seen on a throne in heaven at all and nothing said about it's origin like the Bible does about Jesus.
    Oh no wait Jesus created himself or did the second Jesus that has been around for an eternity even though he was created by Jehovah according to the Bible but that trinity people can not see for some reason.
    No?
    That's not it either? I'm just so stupid!!!!
    So when one part of Man/ God/ Jesus/ Jehovah being was baptized the other part called out to him saying "son" right? Not father but son. But then was it his own Son/ Man/ God/ Jehovah/ Jesus being in the water and maybe it wasn't getting baptized one or all of them getting baptized? Gezzz so confusing.
    When was the holy spirit baptized and when will he ever get a name, dang it. I think that's rude it has no name!!!!
    Now this thing about Jesus's mother Mary. So she had Jesus by birth or was it God she gave birth too? Or was it still that God / Jesus/ Man/ Almighty God being?
    Not even going into this teaching but now is Mary the Mother of God as they say? Then who the heck is the father? Is the Father in heaven also his own son? Maybe the holy, no named spirit is the uncle? Could be as it sounds like anything goes here....
    Finally when Jesus died, who was it really now? If Jesus is God and a man and the holy spirit, who resurrected him? From the way the trinity explains it I guess he just resurrected himself and cut out all the middle man/ holy spirit/ Jehovah being because if he had waited on any of them he just may not have made it. Ya think?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 23:45
    @galveston75 said
    @divegeester

Oh no, you've apparently have who that are nailed down.
    Let's see if I've got this by now. They are two or three god's in some kind of package deal that just appeared 300 something years after Jesus died which so happens to be the same formula that Babylon came up with a couple thousands years before. Hummmmm?
    But anyway they are or maybe not the sam ...[text shortened]... irit/ Jehovah being because if he had waited on any of them he just may not have made it. Ya think?
    Instead of this ranty blurt, why some you reply to my actual post in the other thread?

Why are you replying at all? You’ve been ducking and diving for days and days.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 23:47
    Here you go Galveston75...

You have 2 saviours Jesus and Jehovah
    Jesus is also “Mighty God”
    Jehovah is “Almighty God”
    Therefore you have 2 Gods as well as 2 saviours
    Jesus is also an angel
    Therefore you have 2 saviours and 2 Gods, 1 of which is an angel.

How anyone with even the slightest knowledge of the bible takes Jehovah’s Witnesses seriously is astonishing.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jan '20 06:45
    Socrates once said: "The difficulty is not so much to escape death; the real difficulty is to escape from doing wrong, which is far more fleet of foot."

It's interesting to observe that many of the Christians in this community talk so much about ideology, about "salvation", about the "afterlife", about "damnation", about "the Trinity", about technical, theoretical details, about texts analyzed...

...and talk much less about the practical impact of their Christian beliefs on how they live their lives, how they navigate right and wrong, how their beliefs affect their interactions with others and their families and their relationships with people who have different beliefs, and their political stances, and a myriad of other everyday human issues and dilemmas?

It seems that, broadly speaking, believers here - for all their religious beliefs and claims about the 'moral authority' they cite - seem no more or less moral than the non-believers, whilst giving no reason to believe that their beliefs have any practical influence on whether they live their lives as good people doing things right or as bad people doing things wrong?

There's a lot of talk here from believers that is, for all intents and purposes, about "escaping" death and the hypotheses and ideology attendant thereto, but not so much talk about "escaping" wrong here on earth in this lifetime.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree