1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 15:24
    @caissad4

Rape was only a crime if the woman was promised to another man at the time of the rape.
    Under normal circumstances (sick people) a Hebrew man could rape any woman and then pay 50 shekels to her father and force her to marry him.
    Look it up yourself, you flipping apologist.

You didn't spell out the verses as I think you should if giving evidence.

I evidenced that Paul, who studied under the renown rabbi Gamaliel, said in his letter -

fornication was:

1.) unholy
    2.) unruly
    3.) profane
    4.) opposed to healthy teaching
    5.) not according to the gospel with which HE was entrusted
    6.) was an act of the "lawless".
    7.) was an act of the ungodly and sinners

Something is seriously askew with your interpretation of the law of God and the heart of God.

You trying a snow job on us ?
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 15:30
    @sonship
    Deuteronomy 22:28-29

If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.
  3. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 15:42
    @sonship
    A culture and religion which endorses rape. And you worship that piece of crap ??
    In my holy book that makes you a worse piece of crap.
    C'mon apologist, say this is okay.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 17:13
    @proper-knob said
    @sonship
    Deuteronomy 22:28-29

If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.
    You may need to post that a third time for sonship to acknowledge it.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 17:394 edits
    @Proper-Knob

This a provision ... SHOULD ... something happen.
    This is a proscription for what to do ... PER CHANCE ... something should occur.

It is not a divine command to go RAPE.
    It is a divine remedy for the misfortune of someone BEING raped. This is not "GO AND RAPE." Neither is it "Thus says the Lord, I CONDONE rape."

Similarly, are God's instructions IF ... divorce should occur is not God's instruction to "GO AND DIVORCE" (which is something He says He hates (Malachi 2:16) ).
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 17:562 edits
    @caissad4

A culture and religion which endorses rape. And you worship that piece of crap ??
    In my holy book that makes you a worse piece of crap.
    C'mon apologist, say this is okay.

And you all get annoyed if I have to call someone "twisto-brain".

You're TWISTED with bigotry in your reading comprehension of the Holy Bible.

God making provision should RAPE occur is not God endorsing, sanctioning, or condoning RAPE.

You're anti God bigotry FOGS up you head woman.

Show me God pleased, condoning fornication or rape.

There is also difference between what the Bible records as having happened and what it TEACHES as a way of conduct.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 18:49

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 19:261 edit
    @sonship said
    It is a divine remedy for the misfortune of someone BEING raped.
    Forcing a young girl to marry her rapist is a 'remedy'? For whom? It's certainly not a remedy for the victim.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 19:53
    @proper-knob said
    Forcing a young girl to marry her rapist is a 'remedy'? For whom? It's certainly not a remedy for the victim.
    I'm curious if sonship would find that a satisfactory remedy in a modern context...
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 21:412 edits

11. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 21:49

12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 23:211 edit
    @Duchess64

My point is to note (or criticize) the people who believe that Moses was a real person
    and evidently approve of everything that he and his followers did to their enemies.

God Himself did not approve of everything Moses did. So I am not blind to the fact of him being human.

God disciplined Moses and Aaron. Moses was not allowed to enter into the very promised land that he had obediently led the nation to. He was punished for not sanctifying God before the people but misrepresenting God via his outburst of anger.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 23:27
    @sonship said
    God Himself did not approve of everything Moses did. So I am not blind to the fact of him being human.
    Do you believe God approved of and desired there to be a genocide of the Midianites and that Moses was obeying God by carrying it out?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 23:311 edit
    @Proper-Knob

I'll look into your latter complaint.

I have heard though that in ancient times when two nations were at war, the women would purposely make themselves look beautiful and desirable IN CASE their people were defeated. Absorption into the conquering nation was an option to destitute existence perhaps leading to worse measures of survival.

The image of a beautiful captive woman having to shave her hair and put off her attractive apparel for a mandatory period of mourning was a good way to stop a soldier from following his sudden impulses without careful consideration.

After this period he had time to think about not following the initial eye catching attraction of the typical female form for serious reflexion of the responsibility of marriage.

In the meantime the law forbade that he "violate" her.

But I'll look into your "forced" marriage complaint within a day or so.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '19 00:271 edit

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree