Standard memberRemoved
Spirituality 19 Apr '21 04:34
  1. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 16:27
    @sonship said
    The point of this OP's questions was not immediate.

It is that many things we are told by SOMEBODY are matters we have to TRUST them on. To actually imagine them may not be possible for us.

Some people who have knee-jerk obligation to disagree with a Christian may argue. But the point is rather neutral.
    I disagree, and not reflexively. To trust the word of another regarding spirituality is to neglect one's own critical faculties, which, if believer you be, your god bestowed upon you.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 19:493 edits
    @avalanchethecat
    To trust the word of another regarding spirituality is to neglect one's own critical faculties, which, if believer you be, your god bestowed upon you.

I know better what God has bestowed upon me than you do.
    I don't think you even realize you have a human spirit.
    Probably you think your human soul is your human spirit.

I would say that suspicious skepticism might be just blind prejudice rather than having healthy critical faculties necessarily. With spirituality with me it depends on what is being told me.

Why should I insist that no one can experience something before I experience that same thing in time?

Take the experience in psychological realm - marriage.
    Before I go married people told me of marriage.
    It was a matter of timing.
    No sense of critical thinking alarmed me that such a life was impossible.
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 20:00
    @sonship said

I know better what God has bestowed upon me than you do.
    No you don't.
  4. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 20:02
    @sonship said

I don't think you even realize you have a human spirit.
    Probably you think your human soul is your human spirit.
    You seem to think you know a lot about what I think. Do you claim telepathic abilities?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 20:09
    @avalanchethecat

No telepathic abilities I have.

I do remember what it was like to be without Christ in my life.

I do remember my attitudes toward a few people who spoke of Jesus like they just had a talk with Jesus. I remember well my reactions.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 20:111 edit
    @avalanchethecat said
    No you don't.
    Yes I do.
    No brag. Just fact.

There is a whole dimension to human life which I think you do not even know comprises your total humanity.

I don't think you know about an entire dimension of human life involving fellowship with God.
  7. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 20:31
    @sonship said
    Yes I do.
    No brag. Just fact.

There is a whole dimension to human life which I think you do not even know comprises your total humanity.

I don't think you know about an entire dimension of human life involving fellowship with God.
    Not a fact. A 'fact' is an incontravertible datum. Something which is self-evident to you but which cannot be demonstrated and proven as such to others is not a fact.

There you go again telling me what I think. It's a combination of arrogance and ignorance which you really should try to avoid.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 20:39
    @avalanchethecat
    Not a fact. A 'fact' is an incontravertible datum. Something which is self-evident to you but which cannot be demonstrated and proven as such to others is not a fact.

I agree with some of this.
    But it cuts both ways.

There you go again telling me what I think. It's a combination of arrogance and ignorance which you really should try to avoid.

I agree that this what I said could sound very arrogant.

Of course you have wee little similar feeling about things YOU say about "my god" this and "my god" that. You're so cock sure your datum is irrefutable.

But, I sympathize somewhat with the reaction of saying you don't know about your human spirit when I do.

Sometimes in life one hears of things which first miff him off.
    There is the possibility that they are appreciated latter.
  9. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 20:45
    @sonship said
    @avalanchethecat

I agree with some of this.
    But it cuts both ways.

[quote]
    There you go again telling me what I think. It's a combination of arrogance and ignorance which you really sh ...[text shortened]... ars of things which first miff him off.
    There is the possibility that they are appreciated latter.
    I fully understand and accept that you believe what you are saying. Some of what you believe may even be correct, although I rather doubt it from what you have revealed thus far. Those beliefs of yours related to what you think I know or believe, however, are entirely uninformed and incorrect.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 23:24
    @avalanchethecat
    Okay. Thanks for your input.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree