1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '19 13:48
    @secondson said
    If you desire to converse sincerely you're going to have to acknowledge the possibility of the existence of objective immutable truth.
    Go back and read the thread and take a look at what possibilities I have acknowledged, discussed, reacted to, considered and expressed my perspectives on.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '19 13:491 edit
    @secondson said
    That's your opinion.
    All we are doing here is exchanging opinions about things in the supernatural realm. Both you and me. And others who have chipped in on this thread.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '19 13:50
    @secondson said
    On the contrary, what I "know" about "the truth" regarding "supernatural causality" is "rooted" in the objective observation of the words of the revealer of immutable truths.

What is subjective is my response.
    It's all subjective regardless of the adjectives you deploy.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Sep '19 08:311 edit
    @fmf said
    Everything you say about your belief in things like "divine law" and "everlasting life" and "sin" etc. is subjective opinion.
    They may not necessarily be purely subjective. Subjective opinions may or may not be aligned with objective truth in which case they could be objectively true regardless of you labeling them as purely subjective.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Sep '19 08:332 edits
    @fmf said
    But that doesn’t negate the possibility that subjective opinions may be objectively true regardless of you labelling them as purely subjective.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Sep '19 09:07
    @secondson said
    Opinions- that's the operative word here. Of course they're subjective!
    But opinions are not relative to the objective existence of immutable truth.
    That is your error.
    Your error is that the immutable truth you mention, is not objective.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Sep '19 09:08
    @dj2becker said
    But that doesn’t negate the possibility that subjective opinions may be objectively true regardless of you labelling them as purely subjective.
    The key words in your post, which you should reflect on, are:

“possibility” and “may be”
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    11 Sep '19 11:48
    @fmf said
    All we are doing here is exchanging opinions about things in the supernatural realm. Both you and me. And others who have chipped in on this thread.
    Correction. That's all YOU are doing. You have only opinions to exchange concerning things supernatural.

As difficult as it is for you to accept and believe I know that the God of the Bible is the creator of all that exists. Beyond any shadow of doubt.

It is an infallible and immutable truth. If you had been paying attention to what the Bible says back in the day when you identified as a Christian you would know too that truth.

Instead of focusing on the Word of God you focused on the word of man that drew you away from the truth to a fiction.
  9. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    11 Sep '19 11:53
    @fmf said
    So, with that subjective opinion, you are going to believe there are no objective immutable truths in existence.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Sep '19 12:40
    @secondson said
    Correction. That's all YOU are doing. You have only opinions to exchange concerning things supernatural.

As difficult as it is for you to accept and believe I know that the God of the Bible is the creator of all that exists. Beyond any shadow of doubt.

It is an infallible and immutable truth. If you had been paying attention to what the Bible says back in the day when ...[text shortened]... ng on the Word of God you focused on the word of man that drew you away from the truth to a fiction.
    You can attach whatever intensifier adjectives you want to the assertions you make, they are still your subjective opinions.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Sep '19 12:43
    @secondson said
    So, with that subjective opinion, you are going to believe there are no objective immutable truths in existence.
    That's right, stemming from your conjecture about supernatural things and divine law? No. You only have your faith and all manner of subjective assertions about reality - as you perceive it - that you make because of your faith.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Sep '19 12:442 edits
    @secondson said
    An example of an objective immutable truth would be that the sun is a star.

An example of an objective mutable truth would be that the sun is hot (it will get cold eventually)

An example of a subjective immutable truth is “I think therefore I am”

An example of a subjective truth is to believe that God exists.

Edit; to everyone else a persons subjective truth is just their opinion.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Sep '19 12:47
    @dj2becker said
    It's your prerogative to call your opinions whatever you want. Regarding the things we are talking about, they are not "objectively true". They are merely opinions that, together, amount to your "faith". Does not matter how certain or earnest you are.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Sep '19 12:58
    @secondson said
    You are mistaken. I have no difficulty whatsoever accepting that you believe that the God of the Bible is the creator of all that exists and that you believr this beyond any shadow of doubt. I fully understand how certain you feel.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Sep '19 13:021 edit
    @secondson said
    If I were to assert that there are immutable truths regarding supernatural beings and divine law, it would be my subjective opinion. Just as it is when you make such assertions. The strength of your certainty does not generate "objectivity".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree