1. S. Korea
    Moves
    03 Dec '18 02:59
    @fmf said
    If your comment or question is not about torture, start a thread about it.
    So you want me to start a thread to ask you about your universal, founding principles..? That seems simultaneously narcissistic and just being very uncooperative.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '18 03:55
    @philokalia said
    So you want me to start a thread to ask you about your universal, founding principles..? That seems simultaneously narcissistic and just being very uncooperative.
    Thanks for the advice.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '18 07:34
    @secondson said
    You are dodging the point. Furtively too.

The fact remains that some experience eternal punishment and others eternal life. Nothing metaphorical about that. Jesus said so Himself.

By spiritualizing the scriptures you are blinding yourself to the plain truth.
    I’m not dodging any point! I’m posting directly on you point with laser beam fosus and scriptural evidence. I’ve laid out a case before you demonstrating how you are taking a metaphorical piece of text and conflating it with your preconceived beliefs.

The entire chapter is parabolic and metaphorical, it’s blatantly obvious.

Tell me I’m “dodging the point” or being “furtive” or “spiritualising the scriptures”, when clearly I am being the exact opposite, is false, it’s dishonest and it is not a good retort SecondSon.
  4. S. Korea
    Moves
    03 Dec '18 11:45
    @fmf said
    Thanks for the advice.
    Dare I say, for someone who really talks about how much they advance discussions and facilitate all this talk, you are terribly shy about talking about your actual values.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '18 18:51
    @philokalia said
    Dare I say, for someone who really talks about how much they advance discussions and facilitate all this talk, you are terribly shy about talking about your actual values.
    You don’t think FMF talks about his values??
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '18 19:22
    @philokalia said
    No, I am not shy at all. I've been banging on here for years about my values and other people's values.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '18 19:32
    @philokalia said
    So you want me to start a thread to ask you about your universal, founding principles..?
    No. Don't just ask me. Start a thread and ask everybody about their founding principles.
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    03 Dec '18 20:57
    @divegeester said
    I’m not dodging any point! I’m posting directly on you point with laser beam fosus and scriptural evidence. I’ve laid out a case before you demonstrating how you are taking a metaphorical piece of text and conflating it with your preconceived beliefs.

The entire chapter is parabolic and metaphorical, it’s blatantly obvious.

Tell me I’m “dodging the point” or being “ ...[text shortened]... early I am being the exact opposite, is false, it’s dishonest and it is not a good retort SecondSon.
    Everything is metaphorical to you. Including your God, your Jesus and your heaven where you think you'll spend a metaphorical Eternity as soon as you're done living your metaphorical life.

You're all metaphorical talk with no practical substance.
  9. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    03 Dec '18 21:06
    @divegeester said
    You don’t think FMF talks about his values??
    Sure, and about how superior they are to everyone else's.

What's more is FMF has no observable faults or weaknesses, and all his posts are accurate and are the driving force that sustains, invigorates and propels the spirituality forum.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '18 21:08
    @secondson said
    Sure, and about how superior they are to everyone else's.
    I've never claimed or insinuated anything of the sort about my values. You are making this up.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '18 21:411 edit
    @secondson said
    Everything is metaphorical to you. Including your God, your Jesus and your heaven where you think you'll spend a metaphorical Eternity as soon as you're done living your metaphorical life.

You're all metaphorical talk with no practical substance.
    This post by you is just deflection.

The verse you quoted is from a chapter which is entirely metaphorical which is why I posted it in its entirety on the previous page. You told the last verse and erroneously tried to infer that it was literal.

Address that instead of my accurate observation that it is metaphorical. Keep verses in context.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree