1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '21 05:53
    @philokalia said
    Atheist materialists consider few things immoral.
    Sheer nonsense.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '21 05:56
    @philokalia said
    Atheist materialists consider few things immoral. Some, perhaps, even consider nothing immoral, and consider morality to be completely a construct.
    Religions' approaches to morality - or "sin", to more accurate - are "constructs".
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '21 05:58
    @philokalia said
    Your error is in thinking that I believe you perfectly resolve your theories with your actual humanity.

Most people suffer from some degree of hypocrisy, after all.
    My answer was "No, I wouldn't." You are sidestepping it. Calling me hypocritical and questioning my humanity is a dodge.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '21 06:02
    @philokalia said
    Any religion, no matter how dogmatic, will have a very broad view of morality -- morality is applicable to all kinds of things, and is usually universal.
    I also have a very broad view of morality that is applicable to all kinds of things and operates all the time. I just don't believe morality pertains to what I call "thoughtcrimes". As BigDoggProblem said, "immoral thoughts" are more a thing that theists need to worry about.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree