1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '21 06:42
    On Witness Lee
    “Witness Less is considered so much more wise than anyone else that if you see something wrong with what is being taught you are obviously not wise enough to understand.”

”If you bring up criticism they will list Witness Lee/Watchman Nee references all day long but as soon as you require biblical reference or show that the reference they have is out of context they will smile, say something about ‘seeing where you are coming from’ and then tell you that they are glad they had that conversation with you. At which point they will go back to believing exactly what they were.”

On pray reading and calling out names
    "I think you should pray with me."
    "Okay." *Begin praying internally about giving strength to said person to overcome X or something of the such. The other begins to repeat "Lord Jesus. Aaaaaamen." over and over in a chanting fashion.
    "I thought you were going to pray with me?"
    "I am praying...."
    "You need to call on the name of the lord."
    "I didn't realize I needed to do anything since this isn't a denomination with set rules right?"
    "Of course but this is in the bible. This isn't the church telling you to do this. The bible says to."
    "Where?"

On the denominations teaching Satan
    ”It was at this point it became very clear that the Local Church has created a bubble that they live in. Their teachings of denominations being the work of Satan only applies to everyone else. They are the Church and everyone else is the denomination.”

On reading no LSM material (as I asked sonship in the other thread and he got all deflective)
    ”1. Only read LSM material
    2. Meet only with people who agree with them or who they can preach to with no response
    3. Go out of their way to keep members spending most of their time with each other. This is done with family meetings, Friday and Saturday night lectures, Sunday morning meetings to prophesie and the lords table on Sunday night.
    4. Most importantly they are taught that all those who do not believe as they do are outsiders and should be avoided at all costs.

An Ex-Local Church Responder
    http://www.bcbsr.com/topics/lcx11.html

Any of this sound familiar?
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Oct '21 09:06
    @divegeester

All too . . .
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '21 12:45
    Wide berth given by shhh… you know who…
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '21 13:171 edit
    Just to let everyone know, It wasn't me who gave a thumbs down on Dive's OP.

- sonship.

I checked your website source Dive -
    All comments by "Anonymous".

Why am I not surprised ?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '21 13:471 edit
    @divegeester

Wow. Is this juicy!

Folks find me ANY group of Christians be it Protestant, Catholic, Independent, whether any denomination of non-denominational identification you wish. Be it Baptist, Methodist, conservative, liberal, any kind of professing gathering you want.

And I bet you could find SOMEBODY as an "X member" complaining how horribly their experience was when they were "members".

"X Members" with scandalous, sensational sounding grumblings about how they didn't find a UTOPIA in some gathering of devotees are MORE than a dime a dozen.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '21 13:487 edits
    Dive is a somewhat closet participant is something which he likes to keep close (hush, hush) to the vest while he scrutinize other congregations. You won't get much if anything from, Divegeester about where or who he congregates with. If he did ever have the courage to announce with whom he gathers, I bet somewhere on the Internet one could probably dig up "X Member" howling about how bad he or she was treated in that group.

Unlike me who have readily listed places I have met over the years Divegeester will keep that close and personal. Shhhhhh. Like no unhappy X Members could ever spout off about how rotten Divegeester's group was to that "X Member".

Divegeester, Under - - - Underwhelmed here.

Hey, if some left Jesus and couldn't hack being disciples anymore, should we expect any Christian gathering will never step on someone's toes sometime?

"Many therefore of His disciples, when they heard this said, This word is hard; who can hear it? . . . From that time many of His disciples went back to what they left behind and no longer walked with Him." (John 6:60, 66)

The expected pushback will probably be - "Ah there you go comparing yourself to Jesus." No, I do not make light of criticisms. But disgruntled "X Members" are always possible no matter WHAT.

Dive the groups you've met with over the years (if any), no disgruntled "X member" to be found somewhere ?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '21 15:482 edits
    I sure am looking forward to the local churches having their International training of elders and responsible ones. Can't wait for the rich fellowship. Its always encouraging.

The messages will be translated into these participating languages:

Amharic, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cebuano, Chinese, English, Farsi, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, and Vietnamese.

No, not given by Brother Witness Lee who went to be with the Lord he faithfully served in 1997. Its 2021 now and the local churches are flourishing across the globe, thank the Lord.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '21 15:59
    @sonship said
    Just to let everyone know, It wasn't me who gave a thumbs down on Dive's OP.

- sonship.

I checked your website source Dive -
    All comments by "Anonymous".

Why am I not surprised ?
    If it said “by Dave Smith” would that make you feel more comfortable with the claims made?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '21 15:59
    @sonship said
    I sure am looking forward to the local churches having their International training of elders and responsible ones. Can't wait for the rich fellowship. Its always encouraging.

[b] Amharic, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cebuano, Chinese, English, Farsi, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, R ...[text shortened]... rved in 1997. Its 2021 now and the local churches are flourishing across the globe, thank the Lord.
    Your are a member of a cult sonship.
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Oct '21 16:50
    @sonship said

[b] Amharic, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cebuano, Chinese, English, Farsi, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, R ...[text shortened]... rved in 1997. Its 2021 now and the local churches are flourishing across the globe, thank the Lord.
    Having bizarrely combined praying and reading the Bible, is your cult considering the amalgamation of worship and washing the car?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '21 17:004 edits
    @divegeester
    Your are a member of a cult sonship.

I wear your criticism as a badge of honor. Thankyou for the honor.

Now, in the last ten years who are the fellow believers in your faith where you congregate ? As I have provided you with websites, addresses, and particulars of over 30 or more years participation, why don't you do the same?

Where and with Whom have you regularly gathered together for worship, study, companionship, mutual edification and such ?

You're not concealing such details are you ?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '21 17:13
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Having bizarrely combined praying and reading the Bible, is your cult considering the amalgamation of worship and washing the car?
    Acts 28:22
    “But we desire to hear of thee what thou thinkest: for as concerning this sect, we know that every where it is spoken against.”

Some people who decide they have heard enough rumors, thankfully are noble enough go do a little learning on their own.

Thanks for incentivizing some.
    Some people probably will see through your lack of substance here to only cast stones at others.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '21 17:193 edits
    C'mon Divegeester, When you WANT to reply quickly you have no problem.

Bump for the wannabe Grand Exposer Divegeester:

Now, in the last ten years who are the fellow believers in your faith where you congregate ? As I have provided you with websites, addresses, and particulars of over 30 or more years participation, why don't you do the same?

Where and with Whom have you regularly gathered together for worship, study, companionship, mutual edification and such ?

You're not concealing such details are you ?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '21 17:436 edits
    Short and sweet second opinions on our practice of pray-reading.

Pay no attention to the people in chains in the background being whipped and forced to pray-read the Bible.

Christian Growth: Pray-reading the Word, Part 1 of 2

YouTube

Christian Growth: Pray-reading the Word, Part 2 of 2

YouTube

AND some corresponding confirming opinions from Christians NOT meeting with us as local churches per se.

How To Pray-Read Scripture
    By Pastor Gary Wiens

YouTube

And another Pastor NOT meeting with the local churches encouraging his congregation to learn to Pray-read

Part 7 // How to Pray-Read the Word // Mike Bickle / Growing in Prayer - Part 2

One Mike Bickle

YouTube
  15. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    07 Oct '21 18:04
    @divegeester

yer an expert in getting a soggy wet fuse to burn quickly
    kudos

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree