1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jul '21 12:265 edits
    Now Jesus Christ is both a part of the human race and the Head of the critical race.
    He is God incarnate as a man and a coming King to rule the world.
    He became a man in the human race and in resurrection the Head of the one new man the church.

And He is to shepherd the nations with an iron rod of government:

1.) "But I have installed My King upon Zion, My holy mountain.
    . . . He said to Me: You are My Son; Today I have begotten You.

Ask of Me and I will give the nations as Your inheritance and the limits of the earth as Your possession. You will break them with an iron rod; You will shatter them like a potter's vessel." (Psalm 2:6-9)

Now WITH Him are those whom He has transformed, transfigured, and prepared to reign WITH Him as that critical race. They have been saved and brought into a new humanity.

2.) "And he who overcomes and he who keeps My works until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations; And he will shepherd them with an iron rod, as vessels of pottery are broken in pieces, as I also have received from My Father." (Rev. 2:26,27)

As you can see the Son will do so with others like Him. Some overcomers as sons will ALSO shepherd the nations in coordination with Christ. They accompany Him and co-reign with Him.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jul '21 23:35
    @sonship said
    Now Jesus Christ is both a part of the human race and the Head of the critical race.
    So, the "critical race" is non-human?
  3. S. Korea
    Moves
    14 Jul '21 23:50
    @sonship said
    For lack of a better expression the New Testament does teach of a critical "race" of sorts.

Men and women from every people, tribe, tongue, and nation may be born again into this critical race of "One New Man".

The critical race is the race mingled with God.
    That is blended with God and built up into the Body of Christ.
    I have heard the latino concept of 'la raza cosmica' described as this.

It is a very romantic idea.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jul '21 05:354 edits
    @Philokalia

I have heard the latino concept of 'la raza cosmica' described as this.

It is a very romantic idea.

From the little bit I see on this Mexican philosophical expression I can see why
    it would remind you of "critical race". But I am not familiar with the philosopher
    José Vasconcelos.

José Vasconcelos predicted the coming of an Aesthetic Era, in which joy, love, fantasy, and creativity would prevail over the rationalism―and ethnic differences would give way to a fully mixed race, a "cosmic race," in which all the better qualities of each race would persist by the natural selection of love.

https://www.amazon.com/Cosmic-Race-raza-cosmica-Americas/dp/0801856558

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
    Actually I have not done must reading about what has become a familiar US
    expression "Critical Race Theory" other than the bear bones, so to speak.

Of the two usages of "critical race" probably your "la raza cosmica" might be a little closer to what I am speaking of.

Having surmised something like that, neither the Mexican born philosophical concept or the the Harvard born phrase of (I believe) Derick Bell's more legal theory as described briefly -
    Critical race theory is a body of legal scholarship and an academic movement of civil-rights scholars and activists in the United States that seeks to critically examine U.S. law as it intersects with issues of race in the U.S. and to challenge mainstream American liberal approaches to racial justice.

. . . is what I mean by the New Testament's term "one new man".

If you know a lot about "la raza cosmica" maybe for discussion's sake you could highlight what you see as similarities between the Pauline "one new man" and "la raza cosmica' and I could comment (or someone else).

Otherwise I am probably going to end up just writing many posts perhaps on Revelation 12 and Ephesians / Colossians. That's actually what I want to talk about here.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 11:022 edits
    Peter calls the churching people a chosen race and a royal priesthood.

Paul says they are the true "Israel of God" who walk by the Spirit.

In the critical race of God-men typical social stratifications and divisions "cannot be". The New Testament does not say that there should not be, but rather that "there cannot be" certain ethnic divisions or bias segmentations.

"But you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
    For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
    there cannot be Jew nor Greek,
    there cannot be slave or free man,
    there cannot be male and female;
    for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
    And if you are of Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, heirs according to promise." (Gal. 3:26-29)

The same teaching is in Colossian.

"And have put on the new man, which is being renewed unto the full knowledge according to the image of Him who created him,
    Where there cannot be Greek and Jew, circumcision and uncircumcision, barbarian, Scythian, slave, free man, but Christ is all and in all." (Col. 3:10,11)
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 03:44
    @sonship said
    @Philokalia

José Vasconcelos predicted the coming of an Aesthetic Era, in which joy, love, fantasy, and creativity would prevail over the rationalism―and ethnic differences would give way to a fully mixed race, a "cosmic race," in which all the better qualities of each race would persist by the natural selection of love.

https://www.amazon.com/Cosmic-Race ...[text shortened]... "critical race" probably your "la raza cosmica" might be a little closer to what I am speaking of.
    I can see that you aren’t interested in debating this stuff sonship but nevertheless I have 4 questions for you:

Question 1
    Where did you first hear about “critical race theory” and how has it come to be part of your own Christian ideology?

Question 2
    If, as you say, you have not read much about “critical race theory”, then why are you regurgitating in here as Christian teaching, without fully understanding the secular history, sociological inferences and racial backdrop to what is essentially a humanistic ideology?

Question 3
    Are you aware of the literary body of criticism of “critical race theory” which has been written by the American churches and what are your thoughts (if any) on what has been written?

Question 4
    Is this “cosmic race” notion which you seem to be immediately taken with, somehow linked to your famous idea that “the lost will be hung in chains of suffering as a warning to those on other worlds” ?

If you wouldn’t mind, please respond to the four questions individually, and as briefly as you like. Thanks.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 12:235 edits
    @divegee

Question 1
    Where did you first hear about “critical race theory” and how has it come to be part of your own Christian ideology?

My title does not include the word "Theory" but just Critical Race.

I noticed discussions on it on Youtube months ago, probably in 2021.
    It makes little difference to this thread. I am not expressing some expertise on the phrase only borrowing it to apply it to the New Testament's one new man.

Question 2
    If, as you say, you have not read much about “critical race theory”, then why are you regurgitating in here as Christian teaching, without fully understanding the secular history, sociologicalster

I use terms used in the world sometimes if I think it might help to clarify truths of the Gospel.
    The one new man is CRITICAL to the world.
    The sons of God are critical to the world.
    The normal recovered church life is critical to the world as furnishing those who overcome to bring back the Lord Jesus to this earth. The return of the Lord Jesus physically is beyond critical to this world.

"Let us rejoice and exult, and let us give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready. And it was given to her that she should be clothed in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteousnesses [sic] of the saints.

And he said to me, Write, Blessed are they who are called to the marriage dinner of the Lamb. And he said to me, These are the true words of God." (Rev. 19:7-9)

You see the marriage dinner of the Lamb has to do with Christ returning to this earth. And the wife making herself ready is critical to wooing the Lord Jesus back. And the righteousnesses or (righteous deeds) of the saints are part of her preparation to meet the soon coming Lord.

So the preparing wife of the church is critical, thus I borrow the term from the worldly legal theorists "Critical Race".

Question 3
    Are you aware of the literary body of criticism of “critical race theory” which has been written by the American churches and what are your thoughts (if any) on what has been written?

I am somewhat aware that on several fronts there is controversy about the term.

Question 4
    Is this “cosmic race” notion which you seem to be immediately taken with, somehow linked to your famous idea that “the lost will be hung in chains of suffering as a warning to those on other worlds” ?

LOL! You genuinely made me laugh.
    This is not a Yes or No question to me.
    And personally I think you probably should have stopped with Question #3.

Anyone wanting to go back and read you and me arguing about so called space aliens in chains on other worlds can labor to find such old discussions.
    I do not intend to live on continually in the distant past trying to beat dead horses of discussions which I resolved from my end.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 12:35

If you wouldn’t mind, please respond to the four questions individually, and as briefly as you like. Thanks.

I did. If you will notice my thread was not entitled "The True Critical Race [Theory]". Rather it was simply "The True Critical Race"

And I stand by also referring to the recovered church and the one new man as the critical race. Peter said the Christians were a "chosen generation [or race]".

"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people acquired for a possession, so that you may tell out the virtues of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light." (1 Pet. 2:9, Recovery Version )

See? The church is a [critical] if you will "race'. A race called out of darkness into the marvelous light of God and the truth of God. That is critical.

Again, the manifestation of the sons of God are the critical matter all creation is groaning and longing for like a woman expecting to deliver a child.

"For the anxious watching of the creation eagerly AWAITS the revelation of the sons of God. . . . In hope that the creation itself will also be freed from the slavery of corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God." (Rom. 8:19,21)

See? That the one new man grow in the divine life and mature and finally be manifested as the mature sons of God is CRITICAL to the releasing of all creation from corruption. So I called this thread "The True Criticial Race".
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Aug '21 15:40
    @sonship said
    He is God incarnate as a man and a coming King to rule the world.
    He became a man in the human race and in resurrection the Head of the one new man the church.

And He is to shepherd the nations with an iron rod of government:

1.) [b]"But I have installed My Kin ...[text shortened]... ill ALSO shepherd the nations in coordination with Christ. They accompany Him and co-reign with Him.
    Is this your own reasoning?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Aug '21 15:571 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Is this your own reasoning?
    What do you mean by my own reasoning?

Does this mean I am the ONLY person who has ever thus reasoned?
    No, I am not the only person who has so reasoned.

It is my reasoning along the lines of the plan words of Scripture which others have approximately or very similarly also reasoned.

If you think about it just a little bit - to be BORN is to enter into a process which will culminate into adulthood.

To be born again is quite similar.

We are born with a natural life.
    When we are born again we have a compounded life.
    We receive an additional life of God compounded with the natural life with which
    we were born.

Individual maturity is part of a collective, corporate maturity.
    That's true in both cases.

Before I reasoned Jesus Christ spoke of His resurrection as a BIRTH of a new man into the world. And this new man is a wonderful collective, a corporate entity which includes all those who believe into Him.

Speaking to His disciples of His death and resurrection, their sorry and subsequent joy, He said this:

"Truly, truly, I say to you that you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will be turned into joy.

A woman, when she gives birth, has sorrow because her hour has come; but when she brings forth the little child, she no longer remembers the affliction because of the joy that a man has been born into the world.

Therefore you also now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and no one takes your joy away from you." (John 16:20-22)

Christ's resurrection He taught as the birth of a man into the world.
    It is more than Christ "coming back" from the dead. It was the BIRTH of a whole new order of humanity of which He is the Head.

All who believe in Christ partake of this new birth from His resurrection.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has regenerated us unto a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead." (1 Pet. 1:3)

It is called a "living hope" because Jesus Christ IS a living Person who can come and live within us.
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Aug '21 16:17
    @sonship said
    What do you mean by my own reasoning?
    I'm asking if this is your own reasoning or if you are channelling Witness Lee without referencing him?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Aug '21 12:09
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Are you channeling Charles Darwin or did you come up with Evolution on your own?

Genetic Fallacy much.
  13. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 Aug '21 13:42
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Are you channeling Charles Darwin or did you come up with Evolution on your own?

Genetic Fallacy much.
    Please link to where I had presented Darwin's words/work verbatim without reference.

Thanks in advance.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Aug '21 15:395 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Visa versa.
    You link to an occasion where I quoted beyond the length of acceptable public usage Brother Witness Lee without giving the publication AND the location where more could be read.

You have a minor issue there as filler for the lack of a major one.
    But I noticed that to those born of the Spirit that they constituted a peculiar race, a royal priesthood a holy nation BEFORE I came into contact with Witness Lee's
    ministry.

"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people acquired for a possession so that you may tell out the virtues of Him who has called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." (1 Pet. 2:9)

And many many other passages speak to the specialty of those so saved into God's salvation.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Aug '21 15:41
    I began reading in earnest on my own the Bible in 1970 timeframe.
    I didn't read anything published by Living Stream Ministry until 1974.

Do you know what I had working for me? - a HUNGER for truth.
    I still do.

So what if you discover others have gone before you and blazed trails of discovery ahead of you in time. I am learning to play chess. My scores are not anything special. Low and behold I constantly come against other players who have learned critical lessons way ahead of me.

I'm not bothered by that.
    Its quite affirming actually.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree