1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '21 18:09
    Archeological and geological remains that some believe to be the remains in ashes of the cities God overthrew, Sodom being one. (see Genesis 19).

Sodom and Gomorrah PROOF (God leaves EXAMPLE for all GENERATIONS)

YouTube&ab_channel=GabeTheStreetPreacher
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    27 Jun '21 20:10
    Proving a city existed would not prove the Biblical account of what happened. It would be like "proving" Zeus destroyed the city of Salmoneus.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '21 21:32
    @sonship said
    Archeological and geological remains that some believe to be the remains in ashes of the cities God overthrew, Sodom being one. (see Genesis 19).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLEJ1sZxjA4&ab_channel=GabeTheStreetPreacher
    The level of unscientific assertion in the video you posted is astonishing.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '21 22:25
    @divegeester said
    The level of unscientific assertion in the video you posted is astonishing.
    Be more specific so I can consider it.
    But no need to bother unless you watched the entire video.

No 30 second samplers and a big opinion please.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '21 22:42
    @sonship said
    Be more specific so I can consider it.
    Start with the claims made at the sites, and go from there.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '21 22:48
    @divegeester

Vague.
    Maybe you better watch the video.

No "Fill in the blank" skepticism.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '21 23:33
    @sonship said

Is this an increment of evidence showing that Judaism or Islam are right?
  8. S. Korea
    Moves
    28 Jun '21 00:37
    @vivify said
    Proving a city existed would not prove the Biblical account of what happened. It would be like "proving" Zeus destroyed the city of Salmoneus.
    Correct. But I seem to remember that they also say it was destroyed by fire. Again, doesn't prove the Biblical claims, but it can be said to verify them.

I cannot prove to you that I drank a Pepsi at home yesterday; there's just no video footage, and there's only my testimony and that of my wife. But, if you are very curious, you would find one empty Pepsi bottle in my recycling, which would be a point in my favor.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jun '21 00:41
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Vague.
    Maybe you better watch the video.

No "Fill in the blank" skepticism.
    I watched about a third of it; it’s unsubstantiated drivel.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '21 01:29
    @philokalia said
    Correct. But I seem to remember that they also say it was destroyed by fire. Again, doesn't prove the Biblical claims, but it can be said to verify them.
    The only Biblical claim that really matters here is that the Abrahamic God figure destroyed the two cities. The facts that the cities existed and were destroyed by fire do not verify the claims made by the scripture about the supernatural nature of the destruction.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '21 01:31
    @philokalia said
    I cannot prove to you that I drank a Pepsi at home yesterday; there's just no video footage, and there's only my testimony and that of my wife. But, if you are very curious, you would find one empty Pepsi bottle in my recycling, which would be a point in my favor.
    What a weak analogy! Not for the first time from you.
  12. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    28 Jun '21 02:58
    @philokalia said

Right; now imagine someone claimed that can of Pepsi appeared because Satan manifested before you and offered you ownership of the multi-billion dollar company in exchange for your soul.

The account of Sadom and Gamorrah being destroyed by angels while Lot's wife turned to a pillar of salt is no less dubious.
  13. S. Korea
    Moves
    28 Jun '21 03:48
    @vivify said
    Right; now imagine someone claimed that can of Pepsi appeared because Satan manifested before you and offered you ownership of the multi-billion dollar company in exchange for your soul.

The account of Sadom and Gamorrah being destroyed by angels while Lot's wife turned to a pillar of salt is no less dubious.
    It is far fetched because I am completely insignificant, and it defies the pattern of God's hand in history. It's not a good comparison, IMO.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '21 04:13
    @philokalia said
    It is far fetched because I am completely insignificant, and it defies the pattern of God's hand in history. It's not a good comparison, IMO.
    Or... you're essentially saying this... I THINK NOTHING THAT (I BELIEVE) DEFIES THE PATTERN OF GOD'S HAND IN HISTORY CAN BE TRUE BECAUSE IT WOULD DEFY THE PATTERN OF GOD'S HAND IN HISTORY AND THEREFORE COULDN'T BE TRUE.

Is that the long and short of it?
  15. S. Korea
    Moves
    28 Jun '21 05:39
    @fmf said
    Or... you're essentially saying this... I THINK NOTHING THAT (I BELIEVE) DEFIES THE PATTERN OF GOD'S HAND IN HISTORY CAN BE TRUE BECAUSE IT WOULD DEFY THE PATTERN OF GOD'S HAND IN HISTORY AND THEREFORE COULDN'T BE TRUE.

Is that the long and short of it?
    I think you've misunderstood the post.

It is absurd to think that unremarkable people are subjected to supernatural events & bargains with any kind of regularity. However, there is a God, and He is involved in the human experience, and human history.

Feel free to ask questions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree