1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 15:10
    @caissad4

But I must point out that our great savior Jupiter can be seen in the Heavens and can be heard on any AM radio at 1600.

I hope that you realize that unfettered lying to yourself may result in a mental psychosis.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 15:111 edit
    @sonship said
    @caissad4

But I must point out that our great savior Jupiter can be seen in the Heavens and can be heard on any AM radio at 1600.

I hope that you realize that unfettered lying to yourself may result in a mental psychosis.
    Don't do that. (Prior flippancy about suicide really should deter you from flippancy about mental health psychosis).
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 09:17
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    @caesar-salad

Earthlings owe their very existence, not to God or Mars, but to Jupiter who's movements in the early days of the solar system allowed the Earth the opportunity to fully form and who's ongoing gravitational field continues to protect us from the nasties in the universe.

All hail Jupiter.
    Did you also watch that BBC episode with Professor Brian Cox?
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 09:38
    @divegeester said
    Did you also watch that BBC episode with Professor Brian Cox?
    Yes!!!!

All hail Professor Brian Cox!
  5. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 14:29
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Okay, let's put our evidence on the table. I can provide conclusive proof that Jupiter exists and that it was fundamental to the formation of our planet and continues to protect us.

Can you do the same for your particular God?
    I don't have too much of a problem with "Continues to protect us", but models of the early solar system in the level of detail you require for statements like "fundamental to the formation of our planet" are dicey. "Good evidence for" is fine, but "proof" is too strong. You'd need to show that the Earth could not have formed without the presence of Jupiter.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 14:43
    @deepthought said
    I don't have too much of a problem with "Continues to protect us", but models of the early solar system in the level of detail you require for statements like "fundamental to the formation of our planet" are dicey. "Good evidence for" is fine, but "proof" is too strong. You'd need to show that the Earth could not have formed without the presence of Jupiter.
    'Proof' was used in regards to the existence of Jupiter.

There is 'good evidence' that Jupiter was fundamental to the formation of our planet.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree