1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jul '21 11:23
    @fmf said
    You should listen more to people with different beliefs from you.
    So should you, instead of doing what you normally do, which is demonize them.
  2. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    08 Jul '21 11:26
    I think it's interesting that, similar to the Eight Limbs of Yoga, Christianity can appeal to a variety of temperaments (e.g., devotional, mystical, activist) and to people all along the spectrum of egoism.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jul '21 11:27
    @divegeester said
    I don’t have a strong opinion on this, nor a particularly informed one. Other than this:

Jesus describes two groups of people who will be at his marriage; his “bride”, which is the body of believers, and the “friends of the groom”, which are presumably not part of the body of believers but are in fact another group.

I believe that what Jesus is referring to in your ...[text shortened]... g, but to die for people who don’t even believe in you is another. Ultimate mercy and ultimate love.
    "These people do not generally describe Jesus as a “friend” but he regards them as such. To die for your bride is one thing, but to die for people who don’t even believe in you is another. Ultimate mercy and ultimate love."

Do you think non-believers are "saved"?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jul '21 11:29
    @kevin-eleven said
    I think it's interesting that, similar to the Eight Limbs of Yoga, Christianity can appeal to a variety of temperaments (e.g., devotional, mystical, activist) and to people all along the spectrum of egoism.
    Really? Don't you think, that to fully embrace Christ and his teachings, is to eschew "egoism"?
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    08 Jul '21 11:34
    @suzianne said
    Really? Don't you think, that to fully embrace Christ and his teachings, is to eschew "egoism"?
    I don't disagree with that view, but I have also noticed that there are some Christians with pretty strong egos.

I also believe the doctrines of salvation and eternal life appeal to the ego. What interest would the egoless have in those?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jul '21 12:381 edit
    @kevin-eleven said
    I don't disagree with that view, but I have also noticed that there are some Christians with pretty strong egos.

I also believe the doctrines of salvation and eternal life appeal to the ego. What interest would the egoless have in those?
    To be saved also and to return to God?

Jesus preached a life of service to others. Egoists are preoccupied with themselves. Do you see how this is a dichotomy?

Even in the Lord's Prayer, "Thy will be done". God's will, not mine. How does this leave room for ego?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jul '21 13:33
    @kevin-eleven said

First all people have an ego, and if they dont then something is wrong with them. Next it appears that you are confusing ego with self-confidence and self-esteem. People who appear to have a strong ego [as you say], only Christ can judge if that ego is hindering the person from truly keeping the commandments of Christ, not you and certainly not over a chat forum.
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    08 Jul '21 23:35
    @suzianne said
    To be saved also and to return to God?

Jesus preached a life of service to others. Egoists are preoccupied with themselves. Do you see how this is a dichotomy?

Even in the Lord's Prayer, "Thy will be done". God's will, not mine. How does this leave room for ego?
    No comment.
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    08 Jul '21 23:362 edits
    @rajk999 said
    First all people have an ego, and if they dont then something is wrong with them. Next it appears that you are confusing ego with self-confidence and self-esteem. People who appear to have a strong ego [as you say], only Christ can judge if that ego is hindering the person from truly keeping the commandments of Christ, not you and certainly not over a chat forum.
    I hope you didn't mean to imply you felt that I was judging you. Sorry if I somehow gave that appearance.

Edit (a few minutes later): But oh brother, you'd better believe I am judging you now. 😉
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jul '21 00:57
    According to Jesus, his sacrifice will only save what could be described as his friends.

The road to salvation is narrow and few are on it. The rest of the people who are not the few, sorry no salvation.
  11. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    09 Jul '21 01:02

Removed by poster

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree