1. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    13 Jul '21 03:41
    What do the Christians think of this idea?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '21 04:14
    @Kevin-Eleven

Jesus instructed the disciples to simply walk away from and have nothing to do with those who reject his teachings.

Is that very friendly?
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    13 Jul '21 04:24
    @eladar said
    @Kevin-Eleven

Jesus instructed the disciples to simply walk away from and have nothing to do with those who reject his teachings.

Is that very friendly?
    So, we should keep a distance but love our enemies from afar?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '21 04:27
    @kevin-eleven said
    So, we should keep a distance but love our enemies from afar?
    I guess the question is what does love mean? If you see a person in need, then help. But that is not the same as being a person's friend.

So from a far? I suppose from a certain point of view.
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    13 Jul '21 04:43
    @eladar said
    I guess the question is what does love mean? If you see a person in need, then help. But that is not the same as being a person's friend.

So from a far? I suppose from a certain point of view.
    If God is Love, and if Jesus taught us to abide in God and to allow God to abide in us, then how does the separation occur?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '21 06:08
    @kevin-eleven said
    Most Christians in this forum aren’t interested in “ideas”.
  7. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    13 Jul '21 06:205 edits
    @divegeester said
    Most Christians in this forum aren’t interested in “ideas”.
    What are they interested in? Notions? Legalism? Rambling Paulist ranting?

Maybe the more pertinent thing to say is that they are not interested in Love. Love is the thing they avert their gaze from (generally toward "Scriptures" ) lest they be annihilated.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '21 06:35
    @kevin-eleven said
    What are they interested in? Notions? Legalism? Rambling Paulist ranting?

Maybe the more pertinent thing to say is that they are not interested in Love. Love is the thing they avert their gaze from (generally toward "Scriptures" ) lest they be annihilated.
    I don’t know what the most pertinent thing is to say, but I do know that most Christians in this forum over the years are not in the slightest bit interested in ideas, especially other people’s ideas.
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    13 Jul '21 06:48
    @divegeester said
    I don’t know what the most pertinent thing is to say, but I do know that most Christians in this forum over the years are not in the slightest bit interested in ideas, especially other people’s ideas.
    Thank you for not jabbing my post back into mine own eye, which would have been a fair thing to do.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jul '21 08:082 edits
    @Kevin-Eleven

"Repay no one evil for evil; take forethought for things honorable in the sight of all men. If possible, as far as it depends on you, live in peace with all men.

Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but give place to the wrath of God, for it is written, 'Vengeance is Mine, I will repay, says the Lord."

But "if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him a drink; for in doing this you will heap coals of fire upon his head." Do not be conquered by evil, but conquer evil with good." (Rom. 12:17-21)

In the Recovery Version this section of scripture Romans 12:9-21 is under a headline - By the Living of a Life of the Highest Virtues.

I did not include verses 9 through 16 which also have some helpful exhortations of dealing with fellow believers of the household of faith as well as neighbors or those without this fellowship. And it includes those who may persecute the church.

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. (v.14)
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jul '21 11:58
    @kevin-eleven said
    What do nonChristians think about it?
    From a bible standpoint is has nothing to do with Christianity.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jul '21 12:04
    @kevin-eleven said
    If God is Love, and if Jesus taught us to abide in God and to allow God to abide in us, then how does the separation occur?
    This is example of a misinterpretation of what the word 'love' means. This refers to brotherly love or charitable love. Christians are commanded to stand apart from [keep away from] the world and the evil that exists in the world. The teaching to 'love your enemies', means to be charitable to everyone, including enemies. Its about charity and generosity. One must not discriminate when being chartable and give only to friends. The Christian is commanded to give to everyone.

I suggest you take a read of the bible and get some guidance there before starting multitudes of threads designed to belittle and condemn Christians.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jul '21 13:071 edit
    King James Bible Gal. 6:10

"As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith. "

"especially unto them who are of the household of faith"
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '21 13:54
    @kevin-eleven said
    I think your problem lies in your definition of love.
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    13 Jul '21 14:511 edit
    @rajk999 said
    I suggest you take a read of the bible and get some guidance there before starting multitudes of threads designed to belittle and condemn Christians.
    For most Christians, that is a favorite pastime.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree