1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Dec '19 13:102 edits

Another sad thing is if we do that, we justify our staying in sin, keeping unloving attitudes, it justifies it all about us we know need to change.

A breakthrough happened with me when I told God "Father, I am Your child. You HAVE to feed me."

I am sure God was pleased with that prayer. And He is pleased when we utterly tell Christ that APART from Him we can not make it. Certain posters hate to hear this kind of confession, it seems.

But this is the beginning of greater grace. He KNEW what we were before we were born. It is we who are shocked at our weakness because we still trust in ourselves.

He knew. We are beginning to discover. What we need is to be crucified with Christ, buried with Christ, and raised with Christ.

Paul realized this and grasped it and taught it to the churches. We have to realize that Christ Himself is our history. It is that in the Holy Spirit we are together with Him in all He has attained.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Dec '19 13:154 edits
    We are crucified with Him.
    " I am crucified with Christ ..." (Gal. 2:20a).

"Knowing this, that our old man has been crucified with Him ..." (Rom. 6:6a)

We are buried with Him.
    "We have been buried therefore with Him through baptism into His death ..." (Rom. 6:4a)

We have been made alive together with Him.
    "Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with Him." (Rom. 6:8)

"Even when we were dead in offenses, made us alive together with Him ..." (Eph. 2:6)

"And you, though dead in your offenses and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our offenses." (Col. 2:13)

We are also seated with Him far above all in the heavenlies.
    "And raised us up together with Him and seated us together with Him in the heavenies in Christ Jesus." (Eph. 2:6)

When we call upon the Lord we should confess that He is our history. It is all TOGETHER ... WITH HIM. In ourselves our own struggling means nothing. We cannot make it. And even our trying to strive to make it just brings us down more.

It is that the living Christ within us IS our history. And together with Him and TOGETHER the unsearchable riches of Christ are unleashed more and more when it is unto His purpose.

Our history is Jesus Christ. Our legacy is Jesus Christ.
    Ie. "Lord Jesus, You are my history. Lord Jesus what I am is all about together with You Lord. Thankyou Lord."
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Dec '19 16:18
    @kellyjay said
    Some of us don’t have a single issue being able to highlight the divinity of Jesus Christ, while others have a hard time dealing with Christ’s humanity, wanting to keep everything about him completely otherworldly. Many of the great artists of past, who painted about saints, Mary, Jesus would put halos over the heads of those people represented in scripture. Those halos woul ...[text shortened]... hings. God, who is faithful, remains the same today as He ever was, and will continue to be forever.
    he had no form or majesty that we should look at him,
    and no beauty that we should desire him.

He was despised and rejected[b] by men,
    a man of sorrows[c] and acquainted with[d] grief;[e]
    and as one from whom men hide their faces[f]
    he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Surely he has borne our griefs
    and carried our sorrows;
    yet we esteemed him stricken,
    smitten by God, and afflicted.

But he was pierced for our transgressions;
    he was crushed for our iniquities;
    upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
    and with his wounds we are healed.

All we like sheep have gone astray;
    we have turned—every one—to his own way;
    and the Lord has laid on him
    the iniquity of us all.

The life of a righteous man.

Or as Socrates once said, if there ever walked a righteous man in pursuit only of truth, he would be murdered.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree