1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 01:29
    Are all the Christians in the U.S. who insist that ex-President Trump won the 2020 election by a landslide "sinning"?
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 01:49
    @fmf said
    Are all the Christians in the U.S. who insist that ex-President Trump won the 2020 election by a landslide "sinning"?
    How do you intend to get a confession from "all the Christians in the U.S."?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 01:53
    @josephw said
    [1] I haven't referred to "all the Christians in the U.S.". Do you think I did?

[2] The only one talking about the notion of "getting a confession" from anyone is you.

[3] The OP question remains unaddressed.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 06:26
    @josephw said
    Lol you are such a coward, just address FMF’s question instead of floating this lame deflection.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 06:28
    @fmf said
    Deluded.

I’ve increasingly noticed that people, especially some religious people, who will believe one nonsense will believe another nonsense.
  6. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 10:59
    @fmf said
    Is it sinning? I suppose this would depend on whether it was done knowingly or in ignorance.

What I do know is 1. Donald Trump is no more a Christian than a cockroach would be. 2. Using the Bible as a political tool (which our beloved right wing loves to do) is roughly on the same moral level as child molestation.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 11:03
    @mchill said
    Using the Bible as a political tool (which our beloved right wing loves to do) is roughly on the same moral level as child molestation.
    What a silly thing to say.
  8. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 11:05
    @fmf said
    What a silly thing to say.
    That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 11:07
    @mchill said
    Is it sinning? I suppose this would depend on whether it was done knowingly or in ignorance.
    What "ignorance" can the people [...who falsely claim that Trump won in 2020 by a landslide...] credibly have if there is no evidence that there was fraud?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 11:09
    @mchill said
    Using the Bible as a political tool (which our beloved right wing loves to do) is roughly on the same moral level as child molestation.
    So using the Bible to support conservative values ~ such as an anti-abortion stance ~ is akin to molesting children?
  11. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 11:18
    @fmf said
    So using the Bible to support conservative values ~ such as an anti-abortion stance ~ is akin to molesting children?
    Hmmm...you're not getting it.

The right wing is NOT using the Bible to support conservative values. The right wing is cherry picking only the parts of scripture they feel supports their political stance.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 11:21
    @mchill said
    The right wing is NOT using the Bible to support conservative values. The right wing is cherry picking only the parts of scripture they feel supports their political stance.
    their political stance = conservative values

And many of those values are derived from the Bible

Now explain why the molestation of children is an apt analogy.

Your rhetoric is as noxious as the rhetoric of those you oppose.
  13. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 11:34
    @fmf said
    their political stance = conservative values

And many of those values are derived from the Bible

Your rhetoric is as noxious as the rhetoric of those you oppose.

I'm trying to be polite here, so I'll give this a go: The molestation of children is a vile and reprehensible practice, as is using Gods inspired word for political gain. Got it now?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 11:50
    @mchill said
    I'm trying to be polite here, so I'll give this a go: The molestation of children is a vile and reprehensible practice, as is using Gods inspired word for political gain. Got it now?
    Your political hyperbole is poisonous.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 12:06
    @mchill said
    What about using the bible to insult other people, where would that equate to on your heinous crimes comparison chart?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree