1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 01:50
    @galveston75 said
    Sorry I missed that. Why do you ask?
    I guess he is wondering where Moses got the time-machine from.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 02:05
    @wolfgang59 said
    I guess he is wondering where Moses got the time-machine from.
    Had to be H.G. Wells...Lol
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 02:09
    @divegeester said
    It’s not a trick question, it’s not even a difficult question there is loads of content on the net about it if one is struggling to get around it or it troubles your faith.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Moses-Deuteronomy.html

Personally stuff like this just whizzes past my head like a pea from a peashooter.
    Well there ya go..... Thank you.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 02:17
    @galveston75 said
    Well there ya go..... Thank you.
    Did you read the content in the link?
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 02:36
    @divegeester said
    Did you read the content in the link?
    Sure did sir!!! I'm out for the night.....
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 02:45
    @galveston75 said
    Sure did sir!!!
    Well there you go, you learnt something that wasn’t from the Watchtower publications. Good for you.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 05:31
    @divegeester said
    Well there you go, you learnt something that wasn’t from the Watchtower publications. Good for you.
    No we have that covered too.

par. 3 The last chapter, containing the record of the death of Moses, may have been added by Joshua or by High Priest Eleazar.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 06:53
    @galveston75 said

par. 3 The last chapter, containing the record of the death of Moses, may have been added by Joshua or by High Priest Eleazar.
    Now you just need to reply with that to Caissad4.

Let me know if I can be of more help.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 20:41
    @whodey said
    This has been talked about to death on this site, yet young earth creationists seem to want to remain what they are.

Why not just let them be? It's not like they believe that carbon emissions will destroy the earth in 12 years or something as bizarre.
    Where the HELL did you hear anything like that 12 year crap you just spouted?
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 06:462 edits
    @divegeester said
    Some here claim that the earth is approximately 6,000 years old.

Can I please have your reasoning for this claim?

Thank you.
    The claim that the Earth is approximately 6,000 years old stems from a scholarly work published by Bishop James Ussher in 1654, commonly known as The Annals.

See :
    https://www.preteristarchive.com/Books/1650_ussher_annals.html
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Ussher

You can read the work for yourself and follow Ussher's reasoning. Most YECs don't bother to actually examine Ussher's reasoning; they just accept his date on faith.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 06:52
    @moonbus said
    The claim that the Earth is approximately 6,000 years old stems from a scholarly work published by Bishop James Ussher in 1654, commonly known as The Annals.

See :
    https://www.preteristarchive.com/Books/1650_ussher_annals.html
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Ussher

You can read the work for yourself and follow Ussher's reasoning. Most YECs don't bother to actually examine Ussher's reasoning; they just accept his date on faith.
    As I said in an earlier post in this thread I have noted where the origins of the ideology came from. My OP is asking why some Christians, in here, today, some 400+ years later have decided to believe that the earth is 6000 years old.

Are you a Christian, if so what do you believe about the age of the earth and why?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 06:551 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 06:57
    @galveston75 said

As I understand it The Watchtower’s position is that the ‘6 days of creation’ are literally 6 days plus a rest day, but the earth since those 6 days until now has experienced billions of years of time. Is that correct?
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 10:09
    @divegeester said
    As I said in an earlier post in this thread I have noted where the origins of the ideology came from. My OP is asking why some Christians, in here, today, some 400+ years later have decided to believe that the earth is 6000 years old.

Are you a Christian, if so what do you believe about the age of the earth and why?
    I am a non-theist, and I believe that the preponderance of evidence is compellingly in favor of an old Earth (in billions of years) and an even older universe, and, moreover, that all life forms did not appear at the same time (plus or minus a few hours), to wit, that evolution is not 'just a theory' but really happened. Evolution is incompatible with a young Earth.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 13:19
    @divegeester said
    As I understand it The Watchtower’s position is that the ‘6 days of creation’ are literally 6 days plus a rest day, but the earth since those 6 days until now has experienced billions of years of time. Is that correct?
    You understand wrong!!!!! This has been explained to you many times.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree