1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Sep '19 15:00
    "The United Arab Emirates laid out its vision for religious harmony, unveiling plans for an interfaith complex in the country's capital that will house a mosque, a church and a synagogue."

"Commissioned by the Higher Committee for Human Fraternity, The Abrahamic Family House will serve as a place of individual worship but also for inter-religious dialogue and exchange. " ~ CNN

Does the notion of an "Abrahamic Family" have much traction?

Wouldn't the Higher Committee for Human Fraternity have been better off including, at least, temples for Hindus and Buddhists too?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Sep '19 05:18
    @fmf said
    "The United Arab Emirates laid out its vision for religious harmony, unveiling plans for an interfaith complex in the country's capital that will house a mosque, a church and a synagogue."

"Commissioned by the Higher Committee for Human Fraternity, The Abrahamic Family House will serve as a place of individual worship but also for inter-religious dialogue and exchange. " ~ CNN ...[text shortened]... for Human Fraternity have been better off including, at least, temples for Hindus and Buddhists too?
    Clearly, the group has an agenda.

This is not about the "Human Fraternity" house. If it were, they would have called it that. It is about the "Abrahamic Family" house. Hindus and Buddhists are not part of the "Abrahamic Family".

Besides, Hindus and Buddhists seem to get along quite well with others. It's the siblings of the "Abrahamic Family" who have addressable issues.

Whining about why an "Abrahamic Family" house does not include non-Abrahamic Hindus or Buddhists seems out of place. Apparently, the "Abrahamic Family" is more in need of a time-out than these other religions.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '19 06:05
    @suzianne said
    Clearly, the group has an agenda.

This is not about the "Human Fraternity" house. If it were, they would have called it that. It is about the "Abrahamic Family" house. Hindus and Buddhists are not part of the "Abrahamic Family".

Besides, Hindus and Buddhists seem to get along quite well with others. It's the siblings of the "Abrahamic Family" who have addressable i ...[text shortened]... place. Apparently, the "Abrahamic Family" is more in need of a time-out than these other religions.
    Whining?
  4. S. Korea
    Moves
    30 Sep '19 06:20
    I think that the Hindus cannot be honored easily by Muslims because of shirk. [1]

Shirk is a very, very big deal, as I understand it. I used to listen a lot to Muttaqi Ismail and he always emphasized that this chief difference between the Western religious family and the Hindus was a very big deal.

It is important to note that there were some very good Moghul rulers, though, who viewed the Hindus as being monotheistic because of the concept of a supreme deity among them.... But this is a liberal position in Islam, as far as I know.

It seems very Western to treat absolutely all religions as equal, and it seems whoever is doing the English for the Muslims on this one is being clumsy.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '19 20:29

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    02 Oct '19 23:271 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Has the oppression of Muslims by Hindus exceeded the 15,000,000 + Hindus murdered by Muslims ?
    Then there is the prophecy by Muhammed , the messenger of allah , which states that Muslims will conquer India .
    Both sides are at fault here .
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 23:49

8. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    05 Oct '19 09:40
    Funny how the Hindus don't see it your way .
    1. Mohammed prophesied that Islam would conquer India . Many of the Moslem nutters in Pakistan are Literal Quran believers and thus would think that is the "word of allah" and true .
    2 Although I am not a fan of Israel , the Quran end times prophesies say that Moslems will murder Jews . It is probably rational for Israeli Jews to be concerned about being murdered by Literal Quran believers. Of course the same prophesy says Moslems will kill Christians , polytheists and even atheists . Wonderful Islam .
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '19 18:41

10. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '19 18:502 edits

11. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    05 Oct '19 20:03
    The occupier/invader cannot use the lame excuse that the oppressed people were better off because of their oppressor.
    That is an old and oft repeated lie spread by oppressors across history.
    Please recheck the claim of tolerance . I could only find 1 Mughal ruler who was tolerant but he was vilified by many in Islam .
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '19 20:491 edit

13. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    05 Oct '19 21:40
    I bet you could make a good case for slavery being a really good thing.
    I bet you could make a good case for the genocide of any native peoples .
    You are a consummate Apologist .
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '19 21:471 edit

15. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    05 Oct '19 22:09
    My post never mentioned India . Do have a reading comprehension issue ??
    I am sure you do .
    Raze the Taj Mahal ??? You must be a total idiot .
    The hateful Apologist troll here is Duchess 64 .

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree