the universe will rest in peace
    Dustbin post.
  3. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    11 Mar '20 23:491 edit
    lemondrop posted and i reply.

you have no idea or proof there is no god.

you only have the hope there is no god.

god is about justice and love.

what justice is waiting for you ?

what love did you not give that will not be given to you in reply ?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 08:50
    @mister-moggy said
    lemondrop posted and i reply.

you have no idea or proof there is no god.

you only have the hope there is no god.

god is about justice and love.

what justice is waiting for you ?

what love did you not give that will not be given to you in reply ?
    If there is no god, what purpose does your coming here and whinging about that serve?

Why not just "oh, another twit" and driving on?

And why go on about "what god is about" if there is no god?

I'm just not seeing your entire motivation here.

I mean, if it truly does not matter, then why post about it?

Do you like coming in here for no other reason than to piss on someone else's cherished beliefs?

Even if there isn't a god, there's also no empathy in your heart.

Are you okay with that?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 09:32
    @suzianne said
    If there is no god, what purpose does your coming here and whinging about that serve?
    The tag line for this forum is "Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after", so contributions that disavow or are sceptical of "the supernatural", or question the speculations, assertions and doctrines of religions, or the logic and the morality of different notions of "the life after" clearly belong on this forum. If you don't think people who believe "there is no God" or people who lack belief in God should be posting here, you should perhaps lobby the website's owner.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 09:34
    @suzianne said
    Do you like coming in here for no other reason than to piss on someone else's cherished beliefs?
    Is this really how you would characterize the content of the post you are replying to?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 09:51
    @suzianne said
    I have to reply to this.

If someone’s beliefs about their god are so cherished that they need protecting (by you making posts such as the one I’m replying to) and are yet so fragile that they are bruised, damaged or deconstructed by the words of someone who finds those beliefs either incredible, immoral or plain silly...then perhaps this is not the place for them to be posting about those beliefs. Perhaps instead they should write their beliefs down in a note book and keep it hidden in a special draw.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 10:29
    @divegeester said
    I have to reply to this.

If someone’s beliefs about their god are so cherished that they need protecting (by you making posts such as the one I’m replying to) and are yet so fragile that they are bruised, damaged or deconstructed by the words of someone who finds those beliefs either incredible, immoral or plain silly...then perhaps this is not the place for them to b ...[text shortened]... ps instead they should write their beliefs down in a note book and keep it hidden in a special draw.
    That's "drawer".

When it comes to the draw-drawer thing, I've bean there, scene it , and done it.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 10:45
    @divegeester said
    If someone’s beliefs about their god are so cherished that they need protecting by you making posts such as the one I’m replying to
    She's gone off half-cock and heaped a dollop of self-righteous scorn-for-scorn's-sake upon mister moggy's head for no good reason that I can discern. Reading his post and then reading her reply gives me cognitive dissonance.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Apr '20 03:47
    @divegeester said
    Perhaps instead they should write their beliefs down in a note book and keep it hidden in a special draw.
    "notebook"
    "special drawer"

I've neglected the spelling and grammar in Spirituality for too long!
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Apr '20 03:48
    @fmf said
    That's "drawer".

When it comes to the draw-drawer thing, I've bean there, scene it , and done it.
    You mean dunnit.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '20 05:25
    @wolfgang59 said
    "notebook"
    "special drawer"

I've neglected the spelling and grammar in Spirituality for too long!
    You’ve been neglecting your own also.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '20 05:27
    This thread has to rank pretty low in the thread ranking of this forum.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Apr '20 08:19
    @fmf said
    She's gone off half-cock and heaped a dollop of self-righteous scorn-for-scorn's-sake upon mister moggy's head for no good reason that I can discern. Reading his post and then reading her reply gives me cognitive dissonance.
    Good for you.

Your "dissonance" is manufactured for purpose.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Apr '20 08:23
    @divegeester said
    I have to reply to this.

If someone’s beliefs about their god are so cherished that they need protecting (by you making posts such as the one I’m replying to) and are yet so fragile that they are bruised, damaged or deconstructed by the words of someone who finds those beliefs either incredible, immoral or plain silly...then perhaps this is not the place for them to b ...[text shortened]... ps instead they should write their beliefs down in a note book and keep it hidden in a special draw.
    One could say the same about you and your belief that there is no hell or hellfire. You take every opportunity to attack anyone you perceive as disagreeing with you about it. You calling someone else's beliefs "cherished" and "fragile" is the height of hypocrisy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree