1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Sep '22 09:45
    @divegeester said
    No, KellyJay’s version of Christianity is infinitely worse than a 100% pass benchmark, because everyone fails no matter what you do.

What you have to do is accept that you have failed [are 100%] evil and you don’t even care that you are going to be expelled into hell, but somehow find it in you to beg the teacher for a pass. Only a “few” do this, the special ones, the “called” ones.
    If the benchmark is perfection everyone is missing the mark, do you believe that
    is not the case? Is this going to be another question you avoid like the plague, as
    you do most things put to you? Why did you accept Jesus Christ, exactly what did
    you accept when you became a Christian, that you are one of the good people
    and that Jesus just had some good things to say?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '22 10:14
    @kellyjay said
    Really, you acknowledge that there is such a thing as depravity, and evil, that there
    are abominations, these are realities you accept as true, not just that one has an
    opinion of them?
    I acknowledge that you have asserted there is "depravity" and "evil" and "abomination" and "guilt" and "shame" in YOUR life. I have never accused you of these things ~ although you do seem to be accusing me. The fact there are "evil" people and "evil" deeds is unaffected by your believer's perspective and my non-believer's perspective on it.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Sep '22 09:41
    @fmf said
    I acknowledge that you have asserted there is "depravity" and "evil" and "abomination" and "guilt" and "shame" in YOUR life. I have never accused you of these things ~ although you do seem to be accusing me. The fact there are "evil" people and "evil" deeds is unaffected by your believer's perspective and my non-believer's perspective on it.
    It isn't my assertion that matters here, it is that goodness and evil are part of the
    universe, not exclusively the opinions alone of man as you are still alleging even
    here. To reduce both of those to human constructs is to deny they are anything
    other than what we say they are no more no less. God who is the greatest of God
    and the further away from we go, the eviler we are, for evil is nothing more than
    the absence of good, and you are absent from the only One who is good.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Sep '22 09:53
    @kellyjay said
    It isn't my assertion that matters here, it is that goodness and evil are part of the
    universe, not exclusively the opinions alone of man as you are still alleging even
    here.
    Your assertions about what you personally think is "evil" is the ONLY thing that matters here.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Sep '22 09:56
    @kellyjay said
    reduce both of those to human constructs is to deny they are anything
    other than what we say they are no more no less.
    I am describing them as what they are: human constructs. I am not "reducing" anything, other than keeping my observation succinct.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Sep '22 10:01
    @kellyjay said
    God who is the greatest of God
    and the further away from we go, the eviler we are, for evil is nothing more than
    the absence of good, and you are absent from the only One who is good.
    If your belief in your God figure makes you feel or think that you are "evil", that is a matter for you. Asserting that I am "absent" from some divine/mythological being that appeals to your imagination [but I don’t believe in] does not manufacture a coherent accusation of [me supposedly being] "evil"
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Sep '22 10:10
    @fmf said
    Your assertions about what you personally think is "evil" is the ONLY thing that matters here.
    So what, if my assertion is true which is the whole point of making an assertion
    then we do not get to decide what is good and evil truly those things are done
    outside of us and if we cannot differentiate between the two it only shows how
    lost we truly are in our endeavors in identifying them.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Sep '22 10:17
    @kellyjay said
    So what, if my assertion is true which is the whole point of making an assertion
    then we do not get to decide what is good and evil truly those things are done
    outside of us and if we cannot differentiate between the two it only shows how
    lost we truly are in our endeavors in identifying them.
    This riff you rely on is a dud.

If you do not have the ability to discern or evaluate the morality of something without reference to a God figure, then so be it.

But it's not a convincing stance you're taking if you believe that someone CANNOT differentiate between "good" and "evil" without reference to your particular God figure.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Sep '22 10:171 edit
    @fmf said
    If your belief in your God figure makes you feel or think that you are "evil", that is a matter for you. Asserting that I am "absent" from some divine/mythological being that appeals to your imagination [but I don’t believe in] does not manufacture a coherent accusation of [me supposedly being] "evil"
    Your assertion that this is nothing but my accretion so it doesn't matter is just an
    assertion too, nothing meaningful, it is no different than saying here is a binary
    choice, I believe one of them is right. The truth isn't going to be altered by who
    believes what so just looking at only the fact that assertions are being made that
    oppose one another on any discussion means that either both are wrong, or one
    is right, that much we can be certain about. What is good, is it only in each of our
    eyes, only we get to say this is good for us, and your views about me don't matter?

If you accept that then I suppose you would have been against the Nuremberg
    trials after WW2, since those guys were only doing what they thought was right
    at the time.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Sep '22 10:20
    @kellyjay said
    The truth isn't going to be altered by who
    believes what so just looking at only the fact that assertions are being made that
    oppose one another on any discussion means that either both are wrong, or one
    is right, that much we can be certain about.
    This riff doesn't work, KellyJay.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Sep '22 10:221 edit
    @kellyjay said
    What is good, is it only in each of our
    eyes, only we get to say this is good for us, and your views about me don't matter?
    You want to talk about our individual moral compasses again? How they work and what they draw upon?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Sep '22 10:24
    @kellyjay said
    If you accept that then I suppose you would have been against the Nuremberg
    trials after WW2, since those guys were only doing what they thought was right
    at the time.
    What makes you think I would have been "against the Nuremberg trials"?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Sep '22 22:27
    @fmf said
    What makes you think I would have been "against the Nuremberg trials"?
    A standard was being applied to people at the time who were only doing what was
    expected of them in their society. The crimes they did were not counter to their
    own cultural norms at the time.

So after the war, war crimes were applied as if they should have known. An intrinsic
    good and evil perhaps, difficult to say you are evil, and what you did was evil, if
    everyone gets to make it up as they go. Unless you want to say what might makes
    right, then good and evil are just who can kick whose butt to force them into
    submission.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '22 00:43
    @kellyjay said
    A standard was being applied to people at the time who were only doing what was
    expected of them in their society. The crimes they did were not counter to their
    own cultural norms at the time.

So after the war, war crimes were applied as if they should have known. An intrinsic
    good and evil perhaps, difficult to say you are evil, and what you did was evil, if
    everyone ...[text shortened]... ht makes
    right, then good and evil are just who can kick whose butt to force them into
    submission.
    Yeah, but what makes you think I would have been "against the Nuremberg trials"?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Sep '22 01:34
    @fmf said
    Everyone is so evil they fully deserve never-ending vengeful punishment [misanthropy].

Christianity = misanthropy-+ narcissism

This won't happen to me because of specific thoughts I have in my head about myself and my God figure [narcissism].
    Bump for fmf, notice what was said that you are responding to.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree