1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Sep '22 16:43
    Evil takes what is good and healthy and perverts it into evil, the
    greater the good God gives the greater the evil is shown in rejecting
    it and preventing it into something evil.

The inverse of evil, which is from God is taking what is evil, mankind,
    and makes him good by giving man the righteousness of God, so
    that man now has the righteousness of God, our ashes for God's
    beauty.

So God through laying down His life on a cross, taking on all of the
    debt our sinfulness has made away to be redeemed, through faith
    in Jesus Christ, and many call that evil, the great good, man calls
    in man's perversion a great evil, you must believe, so according to
    man, that is evil, while the redeemed call it great mercy.

When we see God as He is, our lives will be laid out for all to see the
    evil that is in us will be full bloom, and judgment will be rendered for
    the evil man calls good, and the good man calls evil.

So when confronted with great goodness, man becomes eviler
    in man's perversion by rejecting the greater good.
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Sep '22 18:29
    @kellyjay said

The inverse of evil, which is from God is taking what is evil, mankind,
    and makes him good by giving man the righteousness of God
    Mankind without God (or gods) isn't evil.

This is the flaw that permeates most of your erroneous posting.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Sep '22 18:48
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Mankind without God (or gods) isn't evil.

This is the flaw that permeates most of your erroneous posting.
    Without God there isn't any good or evil correct, there is nothing but indifference
    and personal preferences, so finding good or evil anywhere shows you something
    that your point proves, there is God.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    25 Sep '22 19:59
    Posts like the OP are examples of the least helpful parts of Christian thought.

Instead of the more realistic view that humans are capable of doing both good and bad things, it takes the masochistic view that humans are all evil because they are not perfect.

This leaves no separation between the vast majority of humans that only commit minor wrongs, and the few who are actually evil.
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Sep '22 20:02
    @kellyjay said
    Without God there isn't any good or evil correct, there is nothing but indifference
    and personal preferences, so finding good or evil anywhere shows you something
    that your point proves, there is God.
    Without Vishnu, there isn't good or evil.

Finding good or evil anywhere shows that Vishnu exists.

Is that your reasoning?
  6. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    25 Sep '22 21:51
    @bigdogg said

Instead of the more realistic view that humans are capable of doing both good and bad things, it takes the masochistic view that humans are all evil because they are not perfect.

This leaves no separation between the vast majority of humans that only commit minor wrongs, and the few who are actually evil.
    it takes the masochistic view that humans are all evil because they are not perfect.

You say that like it's a bad thing. 😏
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    25 Sep '22 23:33
    @mchill said
    it takes the masochistic view that humans are all evil because they are not perfect.

You say that like it's a bad thing. 😏
    It's fine to be a little kinky, but don't pretend it's not a fetish, is all I'm saying.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '22 00:52
    Everyone is so evil they fully deserve never-ending vengeful punishment [misanthropy].

Christianity = misanthropy-+ narcissism

This won't happen to me because of specific thoughts I have in my head about myself and my God figure [narcissism].
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Sep '22 01:57
    @fmf said
    Everyone is so evil they fully deserve never-ending vengeful punishment [misanthropy].

Christianity = misanthropy-+ narcissism

This won't happen to me because of specific thoughts I have in my head about myself and my God figure [narcissism].
    You are missing the point, in order to claim there is an up or down there has to be
    a fixed reference point, good and evil also requires one. If there isn't a fixed
    reference point for either then it doesn't matter what we call good and evil they
    are, all the same, it's an opinion, it is whatever we want it to be. Good does not
    require evil to exist, while evil does good, it isn't a yen and yang type of thing
    one is an abomination of the other evil can only exist as it opposes good. God
    is the ultimate good, with each good thing He does for us that we take and twist
    to our own ends we turn His goodness into something evil. So when we come
    face to face with God, it will be no different, His goodness will be on full display
    as will our depravity, we will go no future into the Kingdom of God than we are
    right now, where we make our choices. Your calling God's attempt at saving us
    evil, simply shows where your heart is.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Sep '22 02:24
    @bigdogg said

Nothing about the OP suggests we are not capable of good deeds or thoughts, but
    like any job you do, partial obedience to what you are supposed to be doing is not
    doing your job as you should. The standard isn't people who are sometimes good
    and other times not, but One who is good all the time without exception.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '22 02:59
    @kellyjay said
    You are missing the point, in order to claim there is an up or down there has to be
    a fixed reference point, good and evil also requires one. If there isn't a fixed
    reference point for either then it doesn't matter what we call good and evil they
    are, all the same, it's an opinion, it is whatever we want it to be. Good does not
    require evil to exist, while evil does good ...[text shortened]... e make our choices. Your calling God's attempt at saving us
    evil, simply shows where your heart is.
    No. I am not "missing the point" at all.

If your life is one of "depravity" and "evil" and "abominations" ~ and "guilt" and "shame" ~ then so be it.

I call your outlook "misanthropic". Rather than "missing" the point, I think I am encapsulating it perfectly.
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    26 Sep '22 07:15
    @kellyjay said
    Nothing about the OP suggests we are not capable of good deeds or thoughts, but
    like any job you do, partial obedience to what you are supposed to be doing is not
    doing your job as you should. The standard isn't people who are sometimes good
    and other times not, but One who is good all the time without exception.
    You called mankind evil in the OP. I think that suggests that we are, at best, not capable of any good deeds that matter.

Why shouldn't you get partial credit for partial obedience? If you miss half the questions on an exam, you get 50% credit. God gives you 0 for missing one.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Sep '22 07:18
    @kellyjay said
    You are missing the point
    I’ve noticed you write this a lot, which is amusing as it’s usually you who are missing the point. Or as is often the case, deliberately side-stepping it.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Sep '22 07:262 edits
    @bigdogg said
    God gives you 0 for missing one.
    No, KellyJay’s version of Christianity is infinitely worse than a 100% pass benchmark, because everyone fails no matter what you do.

What you have to do is accept that you have failed [are 100%] evil and you don’t even care that you are going to be expelled into hell, but somehow find it in you to beg the teacher for a pass. Only a “few” do this, the special ones, the “called” ones.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Sep '22 09:42
    @fmf said
    No. I am not "missing the point" at all.

If your life is one of "depravity" and "evil" and "abominations" ~ and "guilt" and "shame" ~ then so be it.

I call your outlook "misanthropic". Rather than "missing" the point, I think I am encapsulating it perfectly.
    Really, you acknowledge that there is such a thing as depravity, and evil, that there
    are abominations, these are realities you accept as true, not just that one has an
    opinion of them?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree