Sanctimonious ?

Standard memberRemoved
Spirituality 01 Dec '18 15:07
  1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 15:071 edit
    I saw a concert where scantily clothed musicians were blaring out their tunes of rock music.

The audience was waving their hands back and forth in great adoration. They swayed to the rhythms, hands lifted high in the air in a near worshipful appreciation, transfixed in enjoyment.

Was that "sanctimonious" ?

How about some of us be excited about God?
    How about some of us exchange idols for worship of God?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 15:10
    I saw a stadium filled with thousands of people hollering about some football players. They wave things. They cheer. They stand and shout in excitement.

Was that sanctimonious?

How about some of us be excited to speak about the God of this universe who is our Eternal Father ?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 15:122 edits
    I hear there is a program "American Idol".

They scream in enthusiasm. They cheer in worship. They wave hands, sing along, shower the performers with dedication and love. The same goes on with a program "England's Got Talent". The same scenario occurs for other countries as well. Same reactions of the adorers.

Is that SANCTIMONIOUS ?

What if some of us worship God our Creator with love.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 15:242 edits
    Being sanctimonious would be things like dismissing rock music and sports events and TV talent shows as people merely "eating faeces" because you don't like those activities.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 15:353 edits
    @FMF
    Being sanctimonious would be things like dismissing rock music and sports events and TV talent shows as people merely "eating faeces" because you don't like those activities.

I didn't DISMISS these. I COMPARED.

Is what they do in showering their love for entertainers SANCTIMONIOUS? Its a question and not a dismissal.

Now how about some of us love God with all our hearts, or aspire to?
    YOU want to dismiss worship of the real God as "sanctimonious".

I am writing in the way of COMPARISON. You know that.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 15:381 edit
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Didn't DISMISS. I COMPARED.

Is what they do in showering their love for entertainers SANCTIMONIOUS? Its a question and not a dismissal.

Now how about some of u ...[text shortened]... he real God as "sanctimonious", go ahead.

I am writing in the way of COMPARISON. You know that.
    And you know what my post meant. Being "sanctimonious" would be saying things LIKE what I described. An example of being "sanctimonious" would be dismissing perspectives one disagrees with as that person "eating faeces" or "spreading germs". That's being "sanctimonious".
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 15:41
    @sonship said
    YOU want to dismiss worship of the real God as "sanctimonious".
    Nope. I never have. And I doubt I ever will.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 15:49
    @FMF

I am a musician myself.
    I am a composer.

And without God, many things are empty and ultimately leave a man unsatisfied.

Strong words like "dogfood" or "dung" to make a comparison to Christ I would reserve for people like you who hunt out and taunt Christians for amusement.

Yes, to your arrogance, I would say "what you worship is feaces in comparison to that which you are here day and night every day mocking, dispising, sneering at, and trashing as an "figure".

Yes, to your arrogance, I would say you have nothing to offer except dung in comparison to the Son of God. And I do so based upon the Apostle Paul showing that his pedigree of accomplishments he considered as DUNG in comparison to the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus His Lord.

Maybe you'd get kinder gentler responses if you were so relentless in attacking believers.

The "feces" card won't work too well on me because I have even posted links to m creativity. IF you want to say they are feces compared to the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, I would agree.

Nothing can compete with Christ.
    You don't have anything to compare to the Christ you despise here each day.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 15:511 edit
    The Internet is filled with recommendations that this or that is superlative ...

The ten toughest gangsters,
    the ten hottest females,
    the best guitar solo,
    the top rock group,
    the best horror movie,
    the top political put down,
    etc. etc. etc. etc.

You're confronted with them on YouTube all the time.
    Is this SANCTIMONIOUS ?

How about some of us love the Most High God?
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 15:53
    'He was a solemn, unsmiling, sanctimonious old iceberg who looked like he was waiting for a vacancy in the Trinity.'

Mark Twain
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 15:57
    @FMF

My writing about Jesus, you have on more than one occasion labelled as "sanctimonious". Why you want to lie about this now is beyond me.

My writing is part of my worship many times.
    The same goes for others who express their love for God.

Your announced innocency I don't take seriously as "sanctimonous" is one of your favorite zingers.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 16:10
    @sonship said
    @FMF

My writing about Jesus, you have on more than one occasion labelled as "sanctimonious". Why you want to lie about this now is beyond me.

My writing is part of my worship many times.
    The same goes for others who express their love for God.

Your announced innocency I don't take seriously as "sanctimonous" is one of your favorite zingers.
    Yes you are "sanctimonious" sometimes but believing in Jesus does not, in and of itself, make someone "sanctimonious". I have told you the kind of thing I think of as being "sanctimonious". If you claim I use it simply to describe 'worship of Jesus' then that is a straw man.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 16:11
    @sonship said
    Why you want to lie about this now is beyond me.
    I am not lying about this.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 21:04
    @sonship said
    I saw a concert where scantily clothed musicians were blaring out their tunes of rock music.

The audience was waving their hands back and forth in great adoration. They swayed to the rhythms, hands lifted high in the air in a near worshipful appreciation, transfixed in enjoyment.

Was that "sanctimonious" ?

How about some of us be excited about God?
    How about some of us exchange idols for worship of God?
    Sounds like a few “Christian” rock events I’ve seen snippets of online.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 20:18
    @divegeester

Sounds like a few “Christian” rock events I’ve seen snippets of online.

Because of the degradation of Christianity there is nearly a "Christian" version of just about anything found in the world.

If it can be found in the world, there is probably a "Christian" version of it somewhere.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree