1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '22 16:02
    - You’re either with us or against us!

- What if I don’t pick “sides”, but critically examine both perspectives and come to an informed, nuanced individual opinion?

- Traitor! Heretic! Tare!
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Jun '22 16:18
    @divegeester said

- What if I don’t pick “sides”, but critically examine both perspectives and come to an informed, nuanced individual opinion?

Does that mean you're not on Jesus' side?

That's who's side I'm on.

But first, what do you mean you don't pick sides? In this forum? Like between believers and unbelievers?

I haven't noticed a divide of any significance between Christians in this forum. Surely that's not what you mean.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '22 16:22
    @josephw said
    Does that mean you're not on Jesus' side?
    No, it’s doesn’t mean that.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '22 16:22
    @josephw said

That's who's side I'm on.
    How wonderful.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '22 16:23
    @josephw said
    But first, what do you mean you don't pick sides? In this forum? Like between believers and unbelievers?
    No that’s not what I mean.

Got any more stawmen in your team?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '22 16:24
    @josephw said

I haven't noticed a divide of any significance between Christians in this forum. Surely that's not what you mean.
    Oh yes, here’s another one.

Not bad, three strawmen on one post!
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Jun '22 16:36
    @divegeester

More substance-less comments. Par for the course. Got any more before this thread dies and you dump the forum?
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Jun '22 16:391 edit
    @divegeester

I have an idea. Why don't you try qualifying and explaining more about what you're trying to say in your OP?

Otherwise it appears as nothing more than just thread blurting.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '22 16:56
    @josephw said
    @divegeester

I have an idea. Why don't you try qualifying and explaining more about what you're trying to say in your OP?

Otherwise it appears as nothing more than just thread blurting.
    It’s a simple philosophical trope designed to create a platform for discussion about the partisan nature of deeply entrenched dogma and opposition to it.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Jun '22 17:57
    @divegeester said
    It’s a simple philosophical trope designed to create a platform for discussion about the partisan nature of deeply entrenched dogma and opposition to it.
    Now we're getting somewhere.

One man's dogma is another man's doctrine. Dogmatism can be a curse, but doctrine, based on the truth of God's Word, is simply sound theology.

Unless that doctrine is based on erroneous interpretation, in which case I'm all in for exposing the lies, one should be cautious as there are many false teachers teaching false doctrine.

Have a particular one in mind? 😏
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jun '22 18:41
    @josephw said
    Now we're getting somewhere.

One man's dogma is another man's doctrine. Dogmatism can be a curse, but doctrine, based on the truth of God's Word, is simply sound theology.

Unless that doctrine is based on erroneous interpretation, in which case I'm all in for exposing the lies, one should be cautious as there are many false teachers teaching false doctrine.

Have a particular one in mind? 😏
    All that is a bunch of baloney. Jesus said there are two kinds of people, the wise who keep his commandments and the foolish who do not. That is all there is to it.
  12. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    12 Jun '22 19:43
    @divegeester said

I've never thought that. You're free to decide what you choose.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jun '22 13:34
    @rajk999 said
    All that is a bunch of baloney. Jesus said there are two kinds of people, the wise who keep his commandments and the foolish who do not. That is all there is to it.
    Tell it to divegeester.

I'd be curious to hear his reply. Most likely it will sound a lot like an amalgamation of your hyper-legalism and his bland metaphorical and erratic liberal higher criticism.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '22 13:45
    The purpose of ideology is almost invariably to eliminate doubt, curiosity, debate and dissent.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jun '22 13:47
    @mchill said

I've never thought that. You're free to decide what you choose.
    Divegeester is on the fence. He's neither hot or cold.

It appears he's content with his personal "nuanced" opinion in spite of the clear teaching of scripture.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree