2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 08:55
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    20 Reasons Christianity Is True

[youtube]XH2sqRACIQc[/youtube]
    I never watch your videos, Ron, but I did flip this one on out of curiosity.

I don't have time to watch the whole thing, but after 5 minutes I was intrigued. I will try to set aside time this weekend to watch this.
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 09:35
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I never watch your videos, Ron, but I did flip this one on out of curiosity.

I don't have time to watch the whole thing, but after 5 minutes I was intrigued. I will try to set aside time this weekend to watch this.
    Would you have been so curious if the title had been '20 reasons Christianity is not true'? or even 'Is Christianity true?'

I think it is a slippery slope when it comes to biased viewing, where both sides of an argument are not put forward. As humans we are much more likely to assimilate information that we think supports our already held position, sometimes even if it is a bit suspect. (Hence the need for balanced and objective learning where ideas are challenged and both sides are heard).

Apologies if Hinds link does provide such a balance. I am yet to find one that does.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 10:00
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I am yet to find one that does.
    Christians or people?
  5. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 10:04
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Christians or people?
    I think he meant he has yet to find a video recommendation from RJHinds presenting a balanced view.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 10:09
    Originally posted by C Hess
    I think he meant he has yet to find a video recommendation from RJHinds presenting a balanced view.
    Ah, makes sense. I was about to present myself as Christian candidate from the balanced end of the spectrum 🙂
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 10:21
    Ah, makes sense. I was about to present myself as Christian candidate from the balanced end of the spectrum 🙂
    You offer a bog standard balance of boiled meat and veg.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 10:24
    Strictly no burning, roasting or frying.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 10:291 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Would you have been so curious if the title had been '20 reasons Christianity is not true'? or even 'Is Christianity true?'
    Of course not.

But the reason I wanted to watch this at all is so that I might be able to see for myself if I actually agreed with Ron or not about these specific reasons. After all, if this video is saying "One reason Christianity is true is because Christianity says that the moon is made of green cheese", then I would have to say "no, that is NOT a reason why Christianity is true, Ron". Do you see what I mean? I want to see if these "reasons" hold water or not. THAT is why I wanted to see this.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 10:311 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    You offer a bog standard balance of boiled meat and veg.
    I believe in a "god" though, so I will always be viewed by the atheists here through a cocktail of suspicion, derision and mock pity.

I'm not "a hang 'em out in chains of eternal punishment by the god of perfect love" typs of Christian either, so will always be viewed by the Christians here through a cocktail suspicion, derision and passive aggression.

It's fun being in one's own in-group.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 10:42
    I'm not "a hang 'em out in chains of eternal punishment by the god of perfect love" typs of Christian either, so will always be viewed by the Christians here through a cocktail suspicion, derision and passive aggression.
    If you had said "I'm not a 'hang 'em out in chains of eternal punishment by the god of perfect love' type of Christian either, so will always be viewed by those Christians here through a cocktail of suspicion, derision and passive aggression", I might have agreed with you.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 10:45
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    If you had said "I'm not a 'hang 'em out in chains of eternal punishment by the god of perfect love' type of Christian either, so will always be viewed by those Christians here through a cocktail of suspicion, derision and passive aggression", I might have agreed with you.
    I did say that 😕
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 10:501 edit
    I did say that 😕
    No, even though she so often bends over backwards (in a sometimes breathtakingly cowardly and principle-free way) to NOT to break ranks with the " 'hang 'em out in chains of eternal punishment by the god of perfect love" crowd, she DID replace the word "the" with "those" as she peeps over the parapet on this thread.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 10:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    No, even though she so often bends over backwards (in a sometimes breathtakingly cowardly and principle-free way) to NOT to break ranks with the " 'hang 'em out in chains of eternal punishment by the god of perfect love" crowd, she DID replace the word "the" with "those" as she peeps over the parapet on this thread.
    Either way, I'm not sure where lemon lime would fit in as he seems to not know what he believes about eternal punishment but is probably the most suspicious Christian on the forum.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 10:58
    Either way, I'm not sure where lemon lime would fit in as he seems to not know what he believes about eternal punishment but is probably the most suspicious Christian on the forum.
    josephw's debate-and-discussion cowardice in the face of the 'torturer God' ideology and its proponents here is unmatched in this community.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree